Question move two or more atom together

you can also create a subscene and parent all the atoms to that. The advantage over parenting them to an empty atom, is that it can be reused in any other scene. When doing human atoms, I always deselect collision to make sure they don't explode when I load the subscene. Also, if you have VR, move the subscene control to above the actors before you parent them to it. That way, the control of the subscene when you reuse it determines where in the scene the actors appear. So, in the new scene, when you create the subscene atom, you just move the control to where you want your animation to happen, say, on a bed. If you don't have VR, getting the subscene control in the proper position is a royal pain.

For example: you create a subscene using two actors in a missionary position animation. If the animation is made in Timeline, it will be included when you parent the person atoms. However, you should make sure that poses in the animation in Timeline DO NOT include root position, otherwise the animation will fail and your person(s) will probably explode. If the animation is made using the built in mocap system, I highly advise loading the plugin "Mocap Switcher." You can save the mocap and reuse it later in a different scene.

So, create the subscene atom. Move the control to where your person(s) or other atoms are. Parent all atoms to the subscene. Select the subscene and give it a unique name. Save the subscene.
Now, ideally, if you add that subscene to a different scene, you should have the same poses and positions. Then just load the mocap using Mocap Switcher. You will need to unparent the person(s) before the animation will work. Unfortunately, you will probably have to tweak the animation and poses a little. It doesn't always work properly.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom