Question Modifying a room.

Aminator

Reactions
How can I make some modifications to a room like this

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but to use this room I add a custom unity asset and then load the asset bundle.
I'd like to be able to change the wallpaper or scale the bed so it's lower without affecting the other dimensions.

Does it have to be opened in Unity?

If it's one single asset, you can't scale the various elements separately. You can't change the wallpaper image either.

What you can do is use ColorScale plugin to change the color of some elements. You could also "cover up" the wallpaper by using another atom in front of it (a wall or an image panel).

Or you can use environments made with basic VAM shapes and built-in atoms: you can customize every bit of those.
For a room, check out this one:

Upvote 0
This tutorial has a short section on extracting assets from AssetBundles. Be aware of potential license issues when you want to share the result:

You could also use ProBuilder mentioned in the tutorial to make your own room/assets in Unity.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I thought I remembered seeing a guide or something but I couldn't remember the name uTinyRipper.

I made a bedroom using atoms but it takes quite a few with all the baseboard and trim.
I guess I should get back to learning probuilder.

I don't suppose there's a way to duplicate an atom in a scene? I've got some cubes saved as presets but I still have to add the atom and then apply the preset.

Upvote 0
I don't suppose there's a way to duplicate an atom in a scene?
You can use AcidBubbles Keybindings plugin....and optionally with my profile for it:

Upvote 0
Assumuing you work in Desktop-mode I would also recommend to use PowerHandles. Things like grid-alignment (hold SPACE while moving something) and using global coordinates (hold SHIFT) might be useful when placing lots of atoms. Grid size is 10cm by default, but can be adjusted in the settings.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom