Question Mocap Timeline animation of feet & legs on a Quest 2?

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I don't suppose anyone here has figured out an easy way to animate feet and legs in VaM using a mocap method and the Timeline plugin with a Quest 2? I've found some information on how people do this with a Vive and their trackers, but was wondering what the best solution would be for the Quest. Has anyone ever tried attaching the Quest controllers to their ankles or shoes? Or some other DIY method like this? Not really interested in purchasing a Vive or the trackers just to make a model walk or move their legs.

You could try Embody for this, it allows you to attach controllers to specific controls, e.g. for puppeteering the head using the hand controller.

I've never seen any tutorials that explain how to move legs or feet with this method, hence one reason I posed this question.

Upvote 0
Haven't tried that but the controller need to be in the vision of the headset. I tried vive trackers with the quest but it was alot of setup

Upvote 0
Haven't tried that but the controller need to be in the vision of the headset. I tried vive trackers with the quest but it was alot of setup

Yeah I'm not quite ready to drop the $700 or so for a Vive tracker solution. I just picked up a used Kinect 2 at my local Gamestop for $20 and think I'll try that. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom