MetaChat Beach

Scenes MetaChat Beach

VamMoose

Reactions
VamMoose submitted a new resource:

Sunny Beach for Metachat - Metachat Lobby for Beach go-ers. Clothing Optional ;)

This is my first ever Hub Upload, I hope you enjoy it!

Metachat Lobby for Beach go-ers. Clothing optional ;)

If you're new to Metachat, install the plugin from https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/metachat.22433/ and try it out!

If you have some questions or are looking for people to play with, visit the Metachat discord https://discord.gg/D6nfVVtjGz

Modified The Beach scene with some added features:
- Selecting time of day, to fit your mood! (Daytime, Sunset, Evening)...

Read more about this resource...

VamMoose updated Sunny Beach for Metachat with a new update entry:

Added Performance Improvements and Features

Played around a lot with the scene, trying to add in some more immersion and features.

- Added Physical Buttons to control Time-of-day. If you physically push a button, it (SHOULD) change it for everyone. You can still point and click on it from a distance to toggle it for your end.
- Added a Low Quality alternative to the Torch Lights, for added night-time fun but better performance. (Togglable per-user)
- Added a Shadow Strength Bar, which affects the sky and internal lights to improve...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Minor Update

- Added a Water Reflection Toggle, not sure if it has any real affect on performance as I think it is just a texture layer, but it's there if you want it.

- Fixed the Low Quality Torches from not being already on by default.

- Removed the Plugin Idea's VR Handicam, as it is flagging this scene as having a non-hub hosted dependency, and therefore making the scene harder to find.

- Made the mirror a 50% taller so you can get a nice portrait look at yourself.

- Changed the Dildo control...

Performance Pass

Took some serious look at the performance of the Beach, especially when looking at certain directions.

- Disabled the Movable Mirror by default

- I had hidden the glass around the shower. It is off by default, and will turn on if you turn on the interior shower now, giving way more performance on initial load.

- I have also removed the torches entirely. It isn't practical to have that many light sources, and through gameplay, people didn't really use it.

Another Performance Pass

It bothered me that frames dropped so much when looking at the house direction from the docks.

It should come to no surprise to anyone, that reflective, are an absolute FPS killer.

So I've reduced done the following in the name of performance.

Removed the mirror on the right side of the bed.
The remaining interior mirrors had their physical size reduced and lowered their anti-aliasing to 1.

So I also removed the glass around the shower, having 3 pieces when showering absolutely tanked...

V16

Making another attempt at galvanizing the map to prevent furniture from ending up all over the place. I am also removed the parenting on the global items, as it prevented it's position from being updated.

Also added a small lower quality mirror in the Handy Cam Prop, so that other people can see a "preview" of sorts.

What is this meta thing? I regret liking this lol. Update every fkin hour.

Finally fixed the audio not auto playing.

Also made some small tweaks to the Portable Mirror to reduce overall redundant nodes, and more usability.

Removed Water Reflection Button, didn't really contribute to improved performance.

Added a small reflective to the Hand Camera Prop, so other's can see themselves. Can serve as a small hand mirror as well. Togglable for performance.

Further refining my bag of goodies to my MetaChat scenes

- Added a speaker playing Youtube music to dance to!
- The Time of Day switches are now attached to a portable Menu! Control it from wherever you want!
- Made all of my gizmos into Subscenes, so I can more easily maintain them consistently across all my maps.
- Updated all ambient sounds to V11 of VamAtmosphere from @hazmhox

Back
Top Bottom