Question Merge load scene question

wayneout

Reactions
I have tried this several times and every time, the new scene does not merge but takes the place of my original scene. The only time
it worked was when I added male.json which is a plain person with no textures. Is there something I am missing? I am really only wanting
to add one person from the new scene. (the scenes that I have tried to load only has one person (atom) and nothing else.) While I am
here when you add person atom, do you have a choice of what person to add? On the videos, he always just loads one particular person.
The merge load scene seems so easy, but I must be missing something. Thanks.

Merge load will:

- Replace atoms by the ones in the loaded scene if they have the same name
- Add new atoms from the loaded scenes if they did not exist in the original one
- Keep any existing atoms from the original scene that did not exist in the loaded one

This can be very useful, but it's not meant as a way to "add a scene to the current one". For this, you could consider using SubScenes (there's a good tutorial in the Guides section) and "move" the atoms out of the subscenes once it's in your scene.

Upvote 0
If you just want to add a person, set his/her atom to "Off". Then trigger it to "On" when you want him/her to appear.

It'll load only when set "On", so it won't impact the initial loading time of your scene.

Upvote 0
Here you go:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom