• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Merge load scene question

wayneout

Reactions
I have tried this several times and every time, the new scene does not merge but takes the place of my original scene. The only time
it worked was when I added male.json which is a plain person with no textures. Is there something I am missing? I am really only wanting
to add one person from the new scene. (the scenes that I have tried to load only has one person (atom) and nothing else.) While I am
here when you add person atom, do you have a choice of what person to add? On the videos, he always just loads one particular person.
The merge load scene seems so easy, but I must be missing something. Thanks.

Merge load will:

- Replace atoms by the ones in the loaded scene if they have the same name
- Add new atoms from the loaded scenes if they did not exist in the original one
- Keep any existing atoms from the original scene that did not exist in the loaded one

This can be very useful, but it's not meant as a way to "add a scene to the current one". For this, you could consider using SubScenes (there's a good tutorial in the Guides section) and "move" the atoms out of the subscenes once it's in your scene.

Upvote 0
If you just want to add a person, set his/her atom to "Off". Then trigger it to "On" when you want him/her to appear.

It'll load only when set "On", so it won't impact the initial loading time of your scene.

Upvote 0
Here you go:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom