Question Making money as a Virta-Mate Artist?

3dArtizt

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Twitter
VArtizt
Patreon
mattredz
Hey guys,

I'm new to the Virta-Mate scene. I recently become a Creator. I really enjoy making high quality and realistic models. I was wondering if I could turn this into a side hustle and make some decent cash. I was wondering if anyone has experience in this and would be willing to share potential earnings and also the best avenues and practices to make money.

Thank you!

Most creators use Patreon.com. It's fairly easy to set up and customize payment options. Then you can use MEGA to host your files, and share the link in a patreon post for your subscribers to download. You can also link your content in the VAM Hub as "Paid Looks" with a link to your patreon.

Upvote 0
Most creators use Patreon.com. It's fairly easy to set up and customize payment options. Then you can use MEGA to host your files, and share the link in a patreon post for your subscribers to download. You can also link your content in the VAM Hub as "Paid Looks" with a link to your patreon.
Hi is it required for Patreon for me to create some kind of company ? bank account ? or maybe PayPal is enough ? Is it reuquired to give them my real identity ? adresses and so on ?

Upvote 0
Hi is it required for Patreon for me to create some kind of company ? bank account ? or maybe PayPal is enough ? Is it reuquired to give them my real identity ? adresses and so on ?
That heavily depends on the laws in your country. In my country, yes, you have to register a kind of simplified one-person mini company when above a certain limit, something like more than 400€ per year. Its essentially just a form you have to fill out, vaguely state what kind of work you are doing (programming....digital art...something something....they don't care about details, just how they need to tax it) but in the end the requirement is that you have to properly track your income and expenses related to the company in an official way...and of course you have to pay income taxes on the difference between income and expenses. Obviously it goes into your yearly tax statement. Because I have a well paying real job and Patreon is just on top, its taxed rather heavily with like 30-40%.

While you can get payed from Patron via Paypal, Patron still needs your actual name, address and you have to sign a digital statement that states you don't need to pay taxes in the US, because you tax it properly yourself in your home country. (I guess its easier if you are in the US.)

Note that the VaM community is too small to make "decent cash". If you are in any kind of western high-wage country, you won't make enough per hour for it to make sense. If you just want money, there are certainly easier and less time consuming ways. It makes only sense if you do what you do anyway because you LIKE to do it. You just take a bit of extra time to polish, package stuff properly and present it in a nicer way with screenshots/video/etc.

Upvote 0
That heavily depends on the laws in your country. In my country, yes, you have to register a kind of simplified one-person mini company when above a certain limit, something like more than 400€ per year. Its essentially just a form you have to fill out, vaguely state what kind of work you are doing (programming....digital art...something something....they don't care about details, just how they need to tax it) but in the end the requirement is that you have to properly track your income and expenses related to the company in an official way...and of course you have to pay income taxes on the difference between income and expenses. Obviously it goes into your yearly tax statement. Because I have a well paying real job and Patreon is just on top, its taxed rather heavily with like 30-40%.

While you can get payed from Patron via Paypal, Patron still needs your actual name, address and you have to sign a digital statement that states you don't need to pay taxes in the US, because you tax it properly yourself in your home country. (I guess its easier if you are in the US.)

Note that the VaM community is too small to make "decent cash". If you are in any kind of western high-wage country, you won't make enough per hour for it to make sense. If you just want money, there are certainly easier and less time consuming ways. It makes only sense if you do what you do anyway because you LIKE to do it. You just take a bit of extra time to polish, package stuff properly and present it in a nicer way with screenshots/video/etc.

Thank you for quick review :) im just thinking for patreon as one of additional add to my normal wage (which is already quite nice, and my job gives me also a lot of free time to use). Not with VAM but rather for some games based on VAM renders for which i have few nice ideas for future. I love erotic games and have programming skills and see that some VN games creator can get nice cash addons based on that so going to link all of those and create sth myself :D

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom