Answered Saving audio as a preset

meow95z

Reactions
Hi, I'm looking to save my scene audio as a bundle or preset (e.g, plugins preset, appearance preset), so I can load it into a new scene without manually loading every single audio file. Is there a way to do it?

It depends a bit on what you are trying to do? What are these audio files? Do you need to trigger them individually or just pick one at random?

Things that might help, or not:
  1. I think there is a plugin somewhere that adds a bunch of audio files as scene audio at once. However, never tried it and don't know the name. You might have to search a bit.
  2. LogicBricks has a "RandomSoundFromAB" that can load audio files from an AssetBundle and play them at random. Also it has a button to load ALL the files from the AssetBundle. Added benefit is that loading from AssetBundle is WAY faster. All you need to do is to use Unity Editor to drag&drop some audio files into an AssetBundle and build the bundle. However, as you might have guessed from the name, the plugin is intended to play a random sound from the once you provided when triggered. If you want to play a specific sound, that works...but is not really helpful.

Upvote 0
It depends a bit on what you are trying to do? What are these audio files? Do you need to trigger them individually or just pick one at random?

Things that might help, or not:
  1. I think there is a plugin somewhere that adds a bunch of audio files as scene audio at once. However, never tried it and don't know the name. You might have to search a bit.
  2. LogicBricks has a "RandomSoundFromAB" that can load audio files from an AssetBundle and play them at random. Also it has a button to load ALL the files from the AssetBundle. Added benefit is that loading from AssetBundle is WAY faster. All you need to do is to use Unity Editor to drag&drop some audio files into an AssetBundle and build the bundle. However, as you might have guessed from the name, the plugin is intended to play a random sound from the once you provided when triggered. If you want to play a specific sound, that works...but is not really helpful.

I worded my question poorly. Sorry, english is not my first language.

To clarify, I made a subscene that contains an animation sequence between 2 person. During the animation, I have many audio files that gets triggered. Now, I want to load my subscene in a different scene(environment), but the audio files that was used are missing from my previous scene. It is a bit a hassle to load them individually each time. Subsequently, I want to save the files inside the scene audio control as a preset(see image below).

Untitled.png

It is empty in the image but in my scene, I have like 50 various audio files.

Upvote 0
I have been using your other LogicBricks without knowing that "RandomSoundFromAB" existed. It's a lifesaver, especially if you need to load audio files in bulk. Thank you @MacGruber !

Upvote 0
I have been using your other LogicBricks without knowing that "RandomSoundFromAB" existed. It's a lifesaver, especially if you need to load audio files in bulk. Thank you @MacGruber !
Yes, but bulk loading does not help you in this case. You said you have 50 individual files, each played at specific points in the animation. Of course you can place 50 RandomSoundFromAB plugins in your scene. While these should be stored with the subscene, its a pain to setup?

Upvote 0
Yes, but bulk loading does not help you in this case. You said you have 50 individual files, each played at specific points in the animation. Of course you can place 50 RandomSoundFromAB plugins in your scene. While these should be stored with the subscene, its a pain to setup?

Most of them are triggered randomly, and some individually. I should have specify that. So, I can just sort the ones that get triggered randomly and build an .audiobundle. And the few ones that get triggered individually, I can just manually load them in the scene audio. It's less of a hassle.

Upvote 0
Ok, just to clarify...you can put just a single file into a RandomSoundFromAB plugin and it "randomly selects" the only file it has. If its just a few it might be worth the effort to have everything consistently working in the same way, and you can save it as part of the subscene.

Upvote 0
Ok, just to clarify...you can put just a single file into a RandomSoundFromAB plugin and it "randomly selects" the only file it has. If its just a few it might be worth the effort to have everything consistently working in the same way, and you can save it as part of the subscene.

Oh, I did not think of that. It's a much better workflow. Ty!

Upvote 0
Oh, it's pretty cool! SFX have always been a hassle for me.
If somebody could release a bunch of "sound assetbundles" to be reused, it would be way easier :D

Being able to pack it into subscenes is a real plus, too! That could give me the motivation to make the update on my SciFi machine that I postponed for too long...

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom