• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Making Character or Object INVISIBILE but... keep it's collisions!

VirtualWishX

Reactions
Twitter
VirtualWishX
Patreon
VirtualWishX
Hello,

How can I make a specific character (not all) completely invisibile, so it can keep interact but won't be seen or drop shadows?
Same question about any other object I drop on the scene?

As a newbie I'm still learning, the only thing I noticed is that a character or object have the "HIDE" option, but it get rid of it from the scene completly.
I didn't find a 1 click solution, and making ALL materials opacity / transparency to 0% will probably take much more time, I'm looking for a simple way.

Is there a built-in option for such thing or a plugin I need to install?

Upvote 1
Solution
Thanks for sharing!

In case any other newbie such as myself will be interested intrested:
For primitive Object it's pretty simple:

1. Select the Object
2. select the Material Tab
3. Select Shader
4. Check "Hide Matrial"

The solution above looks promosing and I will try it,
but if anyone else know of extra other ways to make a CHARACTER fully transparent with ease via plugins please share 💙

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Character Transparency plugin VamWizard linked is the quickest way I've found. You can also use https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/hide-skin-by-mask.7089/ and create alpha masks to make certain parts invisible. It uses the characters uv template for torso, limbs and face. Just paint a texture with black where you want it invisible and white where you don't. Handy if you want the transparency to be patterned. Just use a black and white designs on that area, like ghost hands or something fading in from the forearm and have the rest of the body invisible.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing!

In case any other newbie such as myself will be interested intrested:
For primitive Object it's pretty simple:

1. Select the Object
2. select the Material Tab
3. Select Shader
4. Check "Hide Matrial"

The solution above looks promosing and I will try it,
but if anyone else know of extra other ways to make a CHARACTER fully transparent with ease via plugins please share 💙
As far as the ways I've come across, the plugin VamWizard linked is by far the easiest way.

Also wanted to say the Hide Material trick is pretty handy for objects. I often use it with torches in a scene as a quick and easy way to make fire "glow and fade effects" on fireplaces, campfires, ect. Not as nice as using a Timeline animation, but it's quick and easy. 😅

Upvote 0
I will also share my own experiments with you.
Please use it when a male character is in front of a female character and is in the way.
Apply the plugin to male characters.
translucent.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom