Question Making Character or Object INVISIBILE but... keep it's collisions!

VirtualWishX

Reactions
Twitter
VirtualWishX
Patreon
VirtualWishX
Hello,

How can I make a specific character (not all) completely invisibile, so it can keep interact but won't be seen or drop shadows?
Same question about any other object I drop on the scene?

As a newbie I'm still learning, the only thing I noticed is that a character or object have the "HIDE" option, but it get rid of it from the scene completly.
I didn't find a 1 click solution, and making ALL materials opacity / transparency to 0% will probably take much more time, I'm looking for a simple way.

Is there a built-in option for such thing or a plugin I need to install?

Upvote 1
Solution
Thanks for sharing!

In case any other newbie such as myself will be interested intrested:
For primitive Object it's pretty simple:

1. Select the Object
2. select the Material Tab
3. Select Shader
4. Check "Hide Matrial"

The solution above looks promosing and I will try it,
but if anyone else know of extra other ways to make a CHARACTER fully transparent with ease via plugins please share ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Character Transparency plugin VamWizard linked is the quickest way I've found. You can also use https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/hide-skin-by-mask.7089/ and create alpha masks to make certain parts invisible. It uses the characters uv template for torso, limbs and face. Just paint a texture with black where you want it invisible and white where you don't. Handy if you want the transparency to be patterned. Just use a black and white designs on that area, like ghost hands or something fading in from the forearm and have the rest of the body invisible.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing!

In case any other newbie such as myself will be interested intrested:
For primitive Object it's pretty simple:

1. Select the Object
2. select the Material Tab
3. Select Shader
4. Check "Hide Matrial"

The solution above looks promosing and I will try it,
but if anyone else know of extra other ways to make a CHARACTER fully transparent with ease via plugins please share ?
As far as the ways I've come across, the plugin VamWizard linked is by far the easiest way.

Also wanted to say the Hide Material trick is pretty handy for objects. I often use it with torches in a scene as a quick and easy way to make fire "glow and fade effects" on fireplaces, campfires, ect. Not as nice as using a Timeline animation, but it's quick and easy. ?

Upvote 0
I will also share my own experiments with you.
Please use it when a male character is in front of a female character and is in the way.
Apply the plugin to male characters.
translucent.png

Upvote 0
thanks this helped a lot, I had a plugin called hide my char, but it stopped working I guess but then I added this one and way better!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom