Question how to keep the scene but change the room?

nagsugo

Reactions
hey everyone, I would like to know how to import a custom room ito replace the original location in a scene please? A step by step explaination would be really appreciated.

thanks

If it's a CUA asset, what I do is:
Get into edit mode.
Go to Add atom > Misc > Custom Unity Asset, or use the little flag icon in the footer. Choose select atom on load, and maybe focus too.
*Very Important* Turn off collision on the CUA you just added.
Open the Asset tab of the CUA and find the room asset you want. Wait for it to load, then select whatever you want from that bundle.
Once loaded, position it so the people and other things are not interfering, then turn collision back on.
If necessary, repeat the above steps, if the room has multiple assets, like if the bed is a separate item.
If you load several things, you can parent them to the room CUA so you can move them around and they stay together.

Upvote 0
If it's not a CUA asset, but a builtin, then you might need to disable collision on everything else, because loading builtins does not give you the choice of disabling collision before they load.

Always save the scene before you do something drastic like add the room. The last save is your only backup.

Upvote 0
If it's a CUA asset, what I do is:
Get into edit mode.
Go to Add atom > Misc > Custom Unity Asset, or use the little flag icon in the footer. Choose select atom on load, and maybe focus too.
*Very Important* Turn off collision on the CUA you just added.
Open the Asset tab of the CUA and find the room asset you want. Wait for it to load, then select whatever you want from that bundle.
Once loaded, position it so the people and other things are not interfering, then turn collision back on.
If necessary, repeat the above steps, if the room has multiple assets, like if the bed is a separate item.
If you load several things, you can parent them to the room CUA so you can move them around and they stay together.
you have all my gratitude !!!!!!!

Upvote 0
One correction, the flag icon is not for CUA, it's for subscenes. Some assets do come as subscenes, tho. The CUA icon looks like a line drawing of a cube. Enjoy.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom