Question Making an atom completely immovable.

neoajdude

Reactions
This is an odd question that I feel like I should be able to figure out on my own.

I've been experimenting with some stuff in VAM and making more "game" like scenes.

One thing I want to do is grab a shape (like a sphere) and move it up and down or back and forth in a straight line. But I want it to have a hard stop at both end of that line. (to be clear, the motion isn't automatic or an animation, the user is grabbing the sphere and moving it)

Making it move in a line is easy, I can just lock two of the axis. But getting it to stop in a certain place is more difficult.

So what I did was put two blocks on either side, but the blocks still have physics. When the sphere hits them they move or rotate, even with their axis and rotations locked.

Is there a way to make the blocks completely immovable so the sphere stops? or is there a way to make it so the Sphere itself doesn't move past a certain point?

I know it's confusing, I can draw a picture if that helps lol.

Cant you deactivate physics on the blocks? Its possible with pillows.

it seems when I deactivate the physics it also deactivates the collision. Unless there's a way to deactivate the physics and keep the collision? I haven't figured it out.

Upvote 0
you could put an invisible wall in front of the blocks, so the sphere interacts with the wall instead of the blocks.

Upvote 0
you could put an invisible wall in front of the blocks, so the sphere interacts with the wall instead of the blocks.

This is actually what I want to do! Am I just an idiot and I'm missing the invisible wall atom in the menu?

Upvote 0
click on the "+" > FloorsAndWalls > Invisible Panel > You got an invisible floor > rotate it by 90° > you got a wall 😅

Upvote 0
The problem with that is that floors colliders extend to infinity in that plane, even if you shrink them. So it will prevent anything in the scene moving through them.

Upvote 0
The problem with that is that floors colliders extend to infinity in that plane, even if you shrink them. So it will prevent anything in the scene moving through them.
Thats my fear but i'll try it anyway lol

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom