Question How to select an atom via Trigger?

Also in the Customizing SteamVR Controller Bindings guide.

For this, bind either one of these:

Trigger / Use as Button / Click -> Select
Trigger / Use as Trigger / Click -> Select

If you choose "Use as Button", then you only have to pull the trigger part of the way. If you choose "Use as Trigger", then you have to pull the trigger the entire way down.

Also, if you do this, then remove Grab from the trigger and put it on a different button. Select and Grab should not bound to the same button, because they are often used for "Accept" or "Cancel" actions in VaM.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your answer. Much appreciated. I am sorry, i should have been more specific. What i meant by "trigger" is actually the ingame triggers such as collision triggers, UI button, etc. My goal is to activate the "synthia" plugin on a person via a UI button trigger as the animations of that plugin only work when the related person is selected. So i want to select the person atom by clicking the UI trigger button.

Sorry, if i am missing something obvious here. I am fairly new to creating stuff in VAM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see. Normally you wouldn't simply select them with a trigger, but also perform some kind of action. For those kind of triggers:
  1. Add an Action.
  2. Click "Settings..."
  3. Set Receiver Atom to the Person atom that you want to select.
  4. Set Receiver to "plugin#N_DeluxePlugin.Synthia.Synthia".
  5. Set Receiver Target to "walk to target", "walk to atom", or any of the other available options.
You may want to rename your Person atom to make them easier to find, otherwise they will just be called "Person", "Person #2", etc.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom