MacGruber's Video Tutorials

Guides MacGruber's Video Tutorials

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
MacGruber submitted a new resource:

MacGruber's Video Tutorials - Growing collection of video tutorials about various VaM topics.

This page will gather my hopefully growing collection of video tutorials about various VaM topics.

"Pay after watching, IF you liked it!"
Producing quality video tutorials consumes a LOT of time. Just producing 10min of video takes about 6-8 hours on average from first concept to final cut. More for complex topics and this calculation does not include initial work done to setup a production pipeline. These tutorial are FREE...

Read more about this resource...

Question Tutorial video 1 ("Vam Basics: Triggers"):
* @3.29, you mention "enumeration types" (of triggers), and choose the 'eyes'-receiver with receivertarget 'lookmode' as example - does this, by any chance, have anything to do with the 'enumerate'-concept in C#? (or is it IEnumerate?) Is that an important concept to understand & if so, could/would you want to elaborate?

* @3.29, you mention "enumeration types" (of triggers), and choose the 'eyes'-receiver with receivertarget 'lookmode' as example - does this, by any chance, have anything to do with the 'enumerate'-concept in C#? (or is it IEnumerate?) Is that an important concept to understand & if so, could/would you want to elaborate?

Another new-bee question: Many 'Receivertargets' have a slew of options such as 'Savetostore1(,2,3)' or 'RestoreAppearanceFromBlah' - does this have anything to do with the JSON (JSONtype/whatever) stuff that the cognoscenti in the official Discord talk about so much? (IIRC, there was something about how you can create your own custom preset-types in VaM, but you first have to tell it to ... 'string-y-fie' the data? OR SOMETHING yknow?

Enumeration is just a fancy coder word for "list of things". There are things called "enum" definitions in C#, and also an IEnumerator interface, but beyond also being "lists of things" there is not much connection. You get that kind of a drop down when you call RegisterStringChooser with a JSONStorableStringChooser from your MVRScript. Essentially its a List<string> simply containing the things you want in there. However, MacGruber_Utils.cs contains a SetupEnumChooser function that can create such a StringChooser from an C# enum type. Note that you can't create your own enum types in VaM plugins due to security imitations on using Reflection. However, you can use existing enums defined by VaM, Unity and C# itself.

Another new-bee question: Many 'Receivertargets' have a slew of options such as 'Savetostore1(,2,3)' or 'RestoreAppearanceFromBlah' - does this have anything to do with the JSON (JSONtype/whatever) stuff that the cognoscenti in the official Discord talk about so much? (IIRC, there was something about how you can create your own custom preset-types in VaM, but you first have to tell it to ... 'string-y-fie' the data? OR SOMETHING yknow?
Actually I'm not sure what they do myself, I never took the time to investigate. However, my assumption is that they can be used to manipulate presets via trigger. I think it can be used to store the settings into one of three slots and later restore these on another atom/reciever. Similar to how you can copy clothing materials from the UI. Note that this will very likely only function in context of the chosen "Receiver" and its corresponding JSONStorable, not the entire Atom. If you want the entire Atom, go to the designated "Preset" storables on that atom. (One of the examples shows this with a PosePreset)

MacGruber updated MacGruber's Video Tutorials with a new update entry:

VaM Basics: Video Capture - Part 1 and 2

Added two new tutorials:

VaM Basics: Video Capture - Part 1 (12:23)
This first part of the tutorial focuses on the settings needed to capture smooth video from VaM.​
VaM Basics: Video Capture - Part 2 (10:57)
In this second part of the tutorial I'm talking about the WindowCamera atom which we use for capturing, my SuperVideo plugin, animating/moving...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

MacGruber updated MacGruber's Video Tutorials with a new update entry:

LogicBricks: StateMachine - Advanced

New tutorial added, the longest by far up to this point, a full 30 minutes of advanced stuff:

LogicBricks: StateMachine - Advanced (30:13)
Covering the advanced settings of the LogicBricks StateMachine. How to save the scene, switching states through trigger, syncing with animations, using cooldowns, disabling states and the multiple choice system.​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom