• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

YouTube Tutorials

Guides YouTube Tutorials

Captain Varghoss

Staff member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Captain Varghoss submitted a new resource:

YouTube Tutorials - Tutorials

I have started making VaM tutorials for YouTube. As we all know there are some great tutorials out there but sadly they are quite outdated. This is my attempt to update the information and have it easily accessible to everyone.

I've just gotten started, so there isn't a lot right now but I plan on releasing new videos as often as possible.

Link to entire playlist: Virt-a-Mate Tutorials...

Read more about this resource...

If I may make a suggestion, after you've covered the basics, a VAMTimeline plugin tutorial may help the community a lot. Its a key plugin for building a great scene as we all know, but sadly the videos for it are very dated as well, and not very deep in scope. I've just starting making scenes myself and Ive got to say with the lack of resources the curve was steep, I fear this my deter many users. It took me two whole days just to figure out how to "teleport" characters into new poses without physics going out the window and my models ending up looking like rubber band balls. (In fact Im still learning and cant figure out how to make new animations without it using the previous animation's keypoint locations.. needless to say, its quite confusing at times.)

So far like the videos, definetly something the community needs so kudos! Hope to see more advanced stuff such as scene building, lighting, ect!

If I may make a suggestion, after you've covered the basics, a VAMTimeline plugin tutorial may help the community a lot. Its a key plugin for building a great scene as we all know, but sadly the videos for it are very dated as well, and not very deep in scope. I've just starting making scenes myself and Ive got to say with the lack of resources the curve was steep, I fear this my deter many users. It took me two whole days just to figure out how to "teleport" characters into new poses without physics going out the window and my models ending up looking like rubber band balls. (In fact Im still learning and cant figure out how to make new animations without it using the previous animation's keypoint locations.. needless to say, its quite confusing at times.)

So far like the videos, definetly something the community needs so kudos! Hope to see more advanced stuff such as scene building, lighting, ect!

Timeline is one of my favorite plugins and I do plan on tackling that at some point. I will eventually get to it though :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks so much for this! If I could add a suggestion... Would you do a tutorial on the Package Builder for exports? It's the one thing that's lost on me.

Thanks so much for this! If I could add a suggestion... Would you do a tutorial on the Package Builder for exports? It's the one thing that's lost on me.
It's one of the next I have on my list to do. Glad you're finding them useful :)

Have to ask, when Downloading Virtamate for the first time, since i am planing on using desktop mode, since VR kind of give me a headache :( . Would i be able to put the program and files in an external hard-drive for use? And what is the difference when DL and using it in desktop mode?

Have to ask, when Downloading Virtamate for the first time, since i am planing on using desktop mode, since VR kind of give me a headache :( . Would i be able to put the program and files in an external hard-drive for use? And what is the difference when DL and using it in desktop mode?

All of the tutorials were done in desktop mode. Differences between VR and desktop are the obvious ones, controls and display are different, that's about it.

External drive will work, but may increase load times. Shouldn't be a problem otherwise.

Your YouTube tutorials are pure gold! I remember diving into video editing, and tutorials like yours were my lifeline. Your step-by-step breakdowns make the learning journey a smooth ride. Keep those tutorials coming – you're guiding us through the galaxy of knowledge! By the way, I think you should also post a video on YouTube automation business. This must be a popular topic!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom