Lover's Cave Conversion

Scenes Lover's Cave Conversion

ClockwiseSilver

Featured Contributor
Reactions
ClockwiseSilver submitted a new resource:

Lover's Cave Conversion - Conversion of 9of9's Lover's Cave with colliders

Lover's Cave by 9of9 converted for use in VaM. Polygon counts have been reduced just enough to make it load and perform fast, without compromising the look to much. I've left the faces flat as I think it looks better with the rough stone. Multiple custom mesh colliders have been added, split up to be accurate while performing well. This is an exclusive supporter set, thank you for your support!!!
Click...

Read more about this resource...

Hi hi ClockwiseSilver,

I don't think it is customary in VaM community to have a free public CC resource transformed to paid asset just because of conversion to Unity :unsure:

Hi CuteSvetlana! Thank you for the head's up. I definitely don't want to upset anyone or engage in frowned-upon practices, though I don't know that it's all that uncommon. A quick scan reveals examples like this scene and this scene, and I know from my personal subscriptions that there are quite a few more.

I think it's partly about the level of effort. It is, of course, pretty easy to import an asset in Unity, use its mesh as a collider, and build an asset bundle. For high poly 3D scans, that might not perform well in VaM (especially with a complex mesh collider). In this case, I spent a lot of time optimizing both the display mesh and a series of colliders. It's actually a decent amount of effort to get something that looks good while still having minimal impact on FPS.

All that said, I take your point that, while the license allows this kind of use, it may not be in keeping with the spirit of the original creator's effort. I'm new to the scene and still feeling out what's appropriate and I really do appreciate your feedback. Perhaps Early Access is a better fit in this situation? It means the scene will ultimately be free, hopefully in keeping with the original creator's generosity, but still might encourage a little patron support? (I'm not sure if it's possible to convert this existing hub entry to early access, or if I'd need to remove and recreate it).

Back
Top Bottom