Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
selchidh
SelchidhVR submitted a new resource:

The Bedouin's Cave - Immersive Audio Scene #3 - The Bedouin's Cave

Immersive scene set #3 - The Bedouin's Cave
This is the third release in a series of scenes focusing on audio and immersion over interactivity.
Download

As with the first two scenes, it's highly recommended that you unpack the var with your package manager before use. The sound files will take quite a while to load directly from the .var, but seconds once unpacked. It's an unfortunate problem, but good...

Read more about this resource...

Since it does not have its place in the review, here is a little feedback (since my everyday job is in sound design). Nice work, but there are a few issues with bass frequencies.

The reverb on the left (especially on the outside scene, maybe it's due to the position) is heavily saturating when tried on a medium quality headset, so much that the speakers are actually starting to vibrate a lot. With a high quality monitoring headset, it is not as obvious and feels pretty good.

If you want to ensure a great frequency handling throughout a few different gears, you should try the scene with different headset and setup ( 3D audio and stereo, bad headset and good headset ).

That's pretty strange since your first scene doesn't has the same isssue, it's like you had pushed the bass over the top on this one :D

Since it does not have its place in the review, here is a little feedback (since my everyday job is in sound design). Nice work, but there are a few issues with bass frequencies.

The reverb on the left (especially on the outside scene, maybe it's due to the position) is heavily saturating when tried on a medium quality headset, so much that the speakers are actually starting to vibrate a lot. With a high quality monitoring headset, it is not as obvious and feels pretty good.

If you want to ensure a great frequency handling throughout a few different gears, you should try the scene with different headset and setup ( 3D audio and stereo, bad headset and good headset ).

That's pretty strange since your first scene doesn't has the same isssue, it's like you had pushed the bass over the top on this one :D

Ha! It's so nice to have a useful reply from someone else in the field! I'm in a very small, boxy studio in an apartment building because of the pandemic, so I'm often a bit wary of testing at proper volumes for obvious reasons. When I'm not actually in my rift, which is usually a good stand in for low quality headphones... I'm using those classic AKG headphones that are notorious for low end issues. It's likely that the range you're referring to fell through those cracks. Now that I know you're also in the field, feel free to give me feedback like this. I don't mind the criticism at all. It's really helpful. Frankly... audio in most of the scenes I see posted here is so absolutely horrible that I felt okay with cutting a few corners to get the scenes "decent", but not perfect. Even knowing there is one set of professional ears listening will force me to be more careful. There's another scene coming out in the next few days. I'll msg you specifically... haha

AKG ftw ! :]

Well, I feel you for the "so absolutely horrible", almost like any field, the sound is more or less the last thing that is treated well in VaM.
No problem for the next scene. I'm gonna follow your work anyway.

Back
Top Bottom