Answered Lose pointers after switching scenes

catching_sight

Reactions
After updating VAM to the newest version (1.22.0.3), when I switch scenes (in VR only) I lose my pointers and all other joystick functionality with the exception of movement. This did not occur on older versions. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Using a Meta Quest 2

Last edited:
I would say to do a core check (vam_updater.exe) to see if the update was completed successfully.
Pointers with my VR headset are only visible when pressing or gently touching a button in the controller, it's not a Q2 though.

Upvote 0
I would say to do a core check (vam_updater.exe) to see if the update was completed successfully.
Pointers with my VR headset are only visible when pressing or gently touching a button in the controller, it's not a Q2 though.
Thanks, I actually already performed the core check and it passed successfully. One thing of note, when this issue occurs it appears that VAM loads a default creator scene with a default look then proceeds to load the scene that I chose. The default scene only appears for a few seconds. Not sure why this started appearing after the update.

Upvote 0
I've never seen it happening, no idea what may be going on. You can try reseting the user preferences, maybe that helps.
Is there some customization you made, like BepinEx, or session plugins of note?

Upvote 0
I've never seen it happening, no idea what may be going on. You can try reseting the user preferences, maybe that helps.
Is there some customization you made, like BepinEx, or session plugins of note?
No customization. I do have a few session pluggins that I've used for a long time. I'll try and remove these one at a time to see if something is not compatible with the new build.

Upvote 0
Update:

In case anyone else has this issue. After trying about everything I could think of to correct the problem, what finally resolved the issue was opening the main system menu while in-game and clicking Hard Reset. After the reset completed I relaunched the game and the issue has yet to reoccur.

Upvote 0
Something that just occurred to me, your description could be linked to scenes using PostMagic, which can have strange side-effects in VR.
The hard reset fix seems to suggest that could be the reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom