Question Switching Poses with linked atoms

Phawniks

Reactions
When I am swithing between poses that have atoms of one person linked to another, they do not load correctly and unpredictably so. I'm making a uneducated guess that there's some unwanted physics happening right when the characters are placed and initialized but I don't know. Some patterns I've noticed.

- Parent link and Physic links have the same problem

- Linking a bodypart of a person to themself doesn't have this issue

I'm still tinkering and I am open to suggestions. If I do find I fix myself I'll post it.

edit: when I say incorrectly I mean the body part is way out of place from the atom I linked it to. I want person 1 to have their hand linked to person 2's hand but when I load the pose through a button trigger, the hand of person 1 is two feet behind them tying itself in knots.

Last edited:
Both persons needs to be loaded together, not one after the other.

I recommend giving SubScenes a try. Add a SubScene atom to your scene and parent both Person atoms to it. Then save as SubScene (using the UI on that atom) rather than PosePresets. SubScenes can be loaded by trigger just as well as poses.

(just keep in mind that SubScenes contain more than just poses...adding the Persons to a SubScene means they will contain Appearance, Clothing, Hiar and Plugins on the characters, etc.)

Upvote 0
Adding a trigger track to a timeline plugin about 0.2 seconds after the pose loads to change the state of the body I wanted to link and that worked. I didn't want to use time line for animation because I'm not very good at it. XD but thanks both of you for your help.

Upvote 0
Adding a trigger track to a timeline plugin about 0.2 seconds after the pose loads to change the state of the body I wanted to link and that worked. I didn't want to use time line for animation because I'm not very good at it. XD but thanks both of you for your help.

Btw, its very easy to animate in timeline if you have a VR headset, you can simply record motion of any atom in VR.
You start recording in timeline and then simply move the control/atom you want to record whichever way you want

Upvote 0
Btw, its very easy to animate in timeline if you have a VR headset, you can simply record motion of any atom in VR.
You start recording in timeline and then simply move the control/atom you want to record whichever way you want

OHHH that changes things. Even if my headset get's uncomfortable fairly quickly I'll bet the workflow is worth it.

Upvote 0

Heya Phawniks, I'm actually going through some similar problems right now and attempting to troubleshoot. I'd like to try out what you did here but not sure what you mean by trigger track. What's a trigger track? and by timeline plugin, do you mean that your trigger track is referencing an animation/pose that you have saved within the person's timeline plugin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heya Phawniks, I'm actually going through some similar problems right now and attempting to troubleshoot. I'd like to try out what you did here but not sure what you mean by trigger track. What's a trigger track? and by timeline plugin, do you mean that your trigger track is referencing an animation/pose that you have saved within the person's timeline plugin?
So when I was loading a pose preset through a button trigger this issue was occuring. Saving the pose in the timeline settings worked much more consistently if a atom of one person is parented to another.

A trigger track is a feature available on the timeline plugin that lets you call a trigger at a certain time.

If you load through a button trigger that loads a preset pose and then also plays a timeline animation putting a trigger track on the timeline that changes the state of the atom you want linked 0.1 seconds into the animation that worked for me as well. But I would recommend the first solution.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom