Live Webcam anime girls - what tech do you think they're using?

Jaysin

Reactions
I've seen a few webcam girls (on CB, for instance) that seem to be using body tracking and VR to perform on their live stream. One girl was interacting with multiple dildo/tentacles in 3d space, would move the virtual camera around, and it had a pretty good particle/fluid system. The graphics in general were actually really good. If it's not against the rules I can upload a screenshot, but I don't want to look like I'm promoting this particular camgirl.

Anyone know, or have theories on what tech they are using?

I feel like VAM might be it, because it seems like the easiest/more-suited option over a built from the ground up Unity app. But I know even less about Unreal/Unity dev than I do working with VAM (which is almost 0 for all.)

what models? we can probably tell if it's vam or not

i only know of projekt melody and that was allegedly a custom thing made in Unity for that particular purpose and using some advanced mocap & face tracking. stuff like this usually go by the term "vtuber software" if you want to research it more

The one I saw recently on CB was SkyeAnette. Pretty impressive graphically and technically... it got my brain curious. Thanks for the "projectMelody" tip - that got me some really good info. Now I'm leaning towards a Unity setup being what is used. Fascinating stuff.

it doesn't look like vam to me based on the physics. I don't think it's something commercial, more likely something custom made and keeping it for themselves, but i'm just speculating.

you might like also codemiko on youtube, and this is how she was doing it with unreal engine

i'd be suprised if vam doesn't get used also for stuff like this sometime in the future, i think it's doable

I've been experimenting with Kat body trackers but I can't really recommend them. But I have two Kinect devices laying around, a older version from the Xbox 360 and the newer version from Xbox One. So I tried them as body tracking on Windows, and they work really great as body tracking devices. I have them mixed with my VR headset, but the Index body trackers works the best in my opinion, but I don't own them yet.

Then you need software that can change the view angle for viewers. So you won't see everything through the streamers eyes, but from a different angle. This is being used in Beatsaber a lot. You can even use a webcam and the software magically puts you inside the 3D rendered world.

I had a setup running with Kinect and Oculus Rift and it works really well I have to say. I even had a 3D character, which reacted to my real body movement and friends could watch me from a different angle.

If you don't have a VR headset, you can also use a webcam. Which can even track your lips and eyes, which is commonly used in the world of Vtubing. Some even have handtrackers, just as the girl in the video above. There are tons of different software to use. This is just some software in the background that renders a avatar and it reacts on your body movement. The basic software just scans your face with a webcam and tracks your head movement, eyes and lips. It can also recognize emotions. If you look sad, the avatar also looks sad.

This works in Unreal Engine or other software. It's so much fun to play with this kind of stuff. It just depends what you want. So many different software and techniques and it doesn't have to be expensive. Just a simple webcam can already track basic head movement with eyes, lips and emotions.

You can go as far as you want.

I was even thinking to buy a bhaptic suit, so if something touch me in the 3D rendered world, I also feel that in real life. So, for example, if you play a VR shooter, you can even feel where you are being hit. It's for now for a handful of games, but more and more software is going to support it. Probably Unreal Engine also supports it, but it would also be great if VaM would supports it. So you can exactly feels when something "touch" your characters body.

This is me, trying out free software named Animaze. I'm using just a 30 dollar webcam and it tracks my face really well. And no, I don't have any leds on my face or what so ever. Tons of software to use, and you can go as for as you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom