Kicked off Patreon creators membership

janet67

Reactions
I had been a member of a creators page maybe 6 months or a little longer. I noticed today, I was no longer a member. I mean, no heads up at all, at least that I saw. No message or anything. So, I searched for his page and he had raised his prices, my level amount was no longer there. IDK, I am not against someone raising the price if they want, I just think they should just give a heads up. I think now Ill just wait a year so they build up new stuff and then join at the lowest level and download everything I can. I only downloaded about a 1/3 of the stuff anyway. He has over 1000 patrons, makes no sense, just seems like bad business sense. Am I over reacting? Is this typical creator behavior.

There is NO way for a Patreon creator to change memberships of their Patreons. They can't cancel your membership. A creator can only disable the Tier you had, so you might not get new content (but still would be charged).

Are you sure there wasn't some payment trouble on your side? Or some trouble with Patreon emails not reaching you?

Oh, right.....a creator might actively blocked your account, of course. But that would have been an active manual action, so you would have to have given the creator a reason to do that.

Oh, right.....a creator might actively blocked your account, of course. But that would have been an active manual action, so you would have to have given the creator a reason to do that.
I searched his patreon page and I did not get in, it showed the tiers to join. And the tier I was at, was no longer there. So, I concluded that he removed that tier. I checked my messages, and there were none from him, out side of a response he made to me months ago.

Back
Top Bottom