Question Keyframe on Timeline drop to the floor after editing

trashinator

Reactions
Twitter
trashys_cache
I'm using the same method of Timeline-ing as i always do with my other projects. But this is the first time i encountered this problem. I am unable to recreate the issue, therefore the troubleshooting hits a dead-end. My feeling right now is like wearing a chastity cage but instead of pleasure, its only torture.
Sad Kazuma Kiryu GIF by Xbox

i am SURE this is only a lil silly mistake, but i can't seem to know what i did wrong.

i'm not good with words so i made a video to illustrate the problem :

thanks for existing, vamhub fellas 👍👍👍

Last edited:
That happens when you're working from a pose. Not sure all of them do that and I'm not sure how to get around that....maybe try keying all the joints at the start and saving the pose in the timeline. I'll check something in a bit to see if I can come up with something better because there created poses I myself want to use.... Wait. Go back to the first keyframe and then change the animatable joints to "all joints" then key each in the timeline. Save that pose in the timeline to apply it in case something goes wrong. Then select the option of joints that give you control over the main joints and the elbows. and then rekey those.... Honestly I don't know if that will work but I'm thinking selecting control of all joints will freeze joints in place and then selecting the option to used only the main joints would zero out the movement🤔

Upvote 0
Ok so I was right as it works but the hard part is keying all the joints. Select each joint and move it slightly to make a key. That's all. If someone can find an easier way to do it they'll let us know.

Upvote 0
... Select each joint and move it slightly to make a key ...
You don't have to move them. In the "Targets" Tab, on the right side, you can check the box for every target you want to have a key at the current position in the timeline. Maybe it can be a bit more efficient that way. :)

Upvote 0
That happens when you're working from a pose.

I've worked hours upon hours from poses, and I never ever had that behavior because of the pose.
If you do, that would be nice to show a video of what you're refering to.

@trashinator In all the weird cases I had in Timeline, I had this kind of behavior in two situations:
  • Parenting setups (if your control is parented to another one in timeline)
  • Specific situations where your curve is set to smooth and needs to be set to linear (generally when the position needs to stay fixed).
First, you could try to create a new keyframe by simply rotating the head and check if it behaves the same way.
Then check the parenting, and try different curve modes.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom