• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Is VAm mainly used to Make Scenes or can you create interactive experiences?

juytoo3zDEE

Reactions
I've used Vam before, when i used it bare. I had trouble knowing what to do. It was mainly posing it seemed. I then got VamX and it became more interactive but that was a difficult plugin to use , i also accidentally deleted it and also it needed much more power than without it. I think i'll use Vam without it now. The problem is, i'm not sure how to make it interactive .

1Because i know you can Pose the Girls But Can you do any interactions with them?
2Is there any plugins that make them come alive and do stuff on their own? instead of you pulling on their arms and stuff?
In Quest i think you can pull their body parts and let go , with the Grip
3Are there at least some free interactive animtions( i dont mean dancing because dancing is not very interactive) or is every animations for pay? Something more like sexual or embracing etc. i tried searching in the Free section and most things say PAY.

The two main ways of animating characters in VaM are Timeline and IdlePoser plugins.
  • The strength of Timeline is linear animation and MotionCapture (recording a real person doing the animation)
  • The strength of IdlePoser is layered random animation (become "alive") and control through logic, usually in combination with the LogicBricks plugins.

As you say "I know you can Pose the Girls", I would recommend to give IdlePoser a try. Because the concept is based on creating animations by blending between poses ("States"). Look at the demo scene that comes with it and try to understand what is happening. Those poses can be relative to other bodyparts, e.g. hand pose relative to hip and/or chest, or relative to a different character's bodypart. By combining multiple IdlePoser's on a character, using them as "layers", you can achieve very powerful things.

For "interaction" you then need logic (e.g. LogicBricks StateMachine or something else) to nudge the different layers into what matches an appropriate reaction to the players interaction. That's what groups and state masks are for in IdlePoser. However, when you want more than just something simple like "touching character somewhere causes character to look at you and become arroused" or something like that, it becomes quite complicated quickly. In VaM we still don't have the right tools. (You would need a full animation graph system and something a behavior tree system, which we don't have)

Since touching a similar topic, quoting myself from another thread on how to bring a character to life:
The key is to bring a character to life, so it's not just some empty shell. You can get a long way with just some layered animation.

In other of importance:
  1. Eye blink (=> e.g. VaM build-in "Auto Blink")
  2. Breathing (=> e.g. Life plugin)
    • Idle animation of chest, stomach, nose, mouth, lips
    • Matching breathing sounds in sync with animation
  3. Micro head movement (=> e.g. Gaze plugin, part of Life)
  4. Micro eye movement (=> Glance plugin)
    • I think you need to switch the video below to "HD" to see it ;)
  5. Shifting facial expressions (=> e.g. VaM build-in "Auto Expressions")
  6. Occasionally shifting marco focus, looking at different things in the world
  7. Macro hand movement (=> IdlePoser or Timeline plugins)
  8. Marco body movement (=> IdlePoser or Timeline plugins)
  9. (Having other animated things in your scene besides characters also helps.....e.g. those swinging chains)
All of those just play mostly independently of each other with random timings....so you have some slight controlled chaos...aka "Life".
Example with just Life, Gaze, Glance and 5 instances of IdlePoser (eye target, marco body, left hand, right hand, fingers over the remote):

Back
Top Bottom