Question Is there an easy way to organize scenes by which are animated and which aren't?

FreakazoidRobot

Reactions
Where does VAM store meshes and textures? Is it safe to delete a scene after I've created an appearance preset from it? If not, is there a quick way to organize scenes so that all of them with no animation are hidden or otherwise in a seperate section? After I've created an appearance preset, I usually won't need to load the scene again if it has no animation.

Short answer, no. You still need the original scene an appearance preset is based on. There's no simple way to organize things either. You can create subdirectories under AddonPackages, and put vars in there by artist or category, but they still need to be there.

Upvote 0
Short answer, no. You still need the original scene an appearance preset is based on. There's no simple way to organize things either. You can create subdirectories under AddonPackages, and put vars in there by artist or category, but they still need to be there.

OK, thanks for the response.

Upvote 0

Actually, you don't need the scene if you made a appearance preset and if that's all you want from that VAR. You can open the VAR and delete the scene's JSON file.

Upvote 0
Actually, you don't need the scene if you made a appearance preset and if that's all you want from that VAR. You can open the VAR and delete the scene's JSON file.
But if custom textures are in the original var file, you still need those. The scene file itself may not be needed, but why bother to unpack a var just to delete that json when you still need any custom morphs, textures, etc?

Upvote 0
Deleting the scene's JSON will not show it in the Scene Browser, which is probably what the OP wants. I do this a lot, don't need worthless demo scenes for looks once I make my preset.
Unpacking is not needed, you can just open a VAR with 7Zip, Winrar, others, remove the scene and it's done.

Upvote 0
Deleting the scene's JSON will not show it in the Scene Browser, which is probably what the OP wants. I do this a lot, don't need worthless demo scenes for looks once I make my preset.
Unpacking is not needed, you can just open a VAR with 7Zip, Winrar, others, remove the scene and it's done.
Nice trick!

Upvote 0

Yeah, that works. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom