Answered Is there a way to rotate an object at a constant pace using physics?

3rdStoryline

Reactions
I have created an animated Orb effect like a ball of energy in Unity, However the animated texture offset doesn't appear to want to come over into VaM. I can achieve a similar result simply by rotating it in VaM, however I need to able to move the object around while it continues to rotate. This can technically be done with Timeline, but if I do it that way, it will be really tricky to maintain a constant rotation whilst moving the object around its XYZ axis.

Is there something similar to a CycleForce that will apply a constant rotation using physics?

Last edited:
Using physics for something like this seems very wasteful in terms of performance. Also it would interfere with you moving the object around yourself.

I recommend using a CustomUnityAsset (you probably already are?) plus a tiny custom plugin to rotate the actual object inside the CUA instead of the CUA itself. A "scrolling texture effect" should also be possible by adjusting texture offset in the material from the plugin.

Upvote 0
Using physics for something like this seems very wasteful in terms of performance. Also it would interfere with you moving the object around yourself.

I recommend using a CustomUnityAsset (you probably already are?) plus a tiny custom plugin to rotate the actual object inside the CUA instead of the CUA itself. A "scrolling texture effect" should also be possible by adjusting texture offset in the material from the plugin.
Thank you for taking time to suggest this! However, I have yet to ever compile a plugin/script for VaM. So it would take longer then I care to admit to do something like this xD.
Although, since writing my question, I came to the realization I cud rotate it with an AnimationPattern's steps, and then use Timeline to move/animate the AnimationPatterns core to move the object around freely while it rotates constantly.

PS:Your right about using physics, I dunno what I was thinking with that wise idea. T_T

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom