Question Is there a way to choose a random appearance preset from a folder, rather than individually?

VamBlaster

Reactions
So currently I have a folder (and subfolders) of appearance presets. Folders based on ethnicity, milf/teen, etc..

Each folder might have dozens of looks (and potentially hundreds if I merge them).

What I do now in a scene is use MacGrubers random choice plugin to choose a look at random. However, this requires me to add each appearance manually as a choice option. That means if I have 50 looks in a folder I want to pull at random, I'd have to enter 50 choices in the plugin.

Is there an easier way to do this that I'm missing? Perhaps another plugin or maybe even something simpler that I overlooked? Basically I just want to point to a folder and have a random appearance pulled from that folder, rather than having to enter each appearance manually for the random choice plugin.

Thanks!

I had the same intentions a year ago, also wit clothing presets, etc. You can use UIAssist by JayJayWon to do that but for random picks you need the paid Patreon's version. It's a must have plugin, I can't use VaM without it, absolutey worthwhile to get the payed version.

Upvote 0
Thanks. This looks like what I'm looking for. Though a free, scene release friendly alternative is always welcomed though I haven't reached that point in my free releases as of yet.

Upvote 0
I wanted to revisit this. The first is because while @JayJayWon's UA Assist patreon version works, I suspect it's not really random. This is because out of a folder of hundreds of looks/hair/clothes/etc.... I noticed many times it will repeat the same item after a few clicks, which should be statistically unlikely. Probably has something to do with what is seeding the random generator.

The second is that I want to develop a way to have this randomness for creations that I can distribute. Basically, back to what I was looking for. I currently use @MacGruber random choice to pull something at random, which does have true randomness from what I've seen, but this is only practical for a handful of items, not a folder with dozens and dozens of options.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to populate a trigger item automatically from a list (like items from a folder)? If not, or some clever way to do this, it just means I'll have to continue using the manual method and keep the random options low.

Upvote 0
You could probably use timeline for this, timeline can play random animations, and the animations could have a trigger track with "load preset" trigger.
It will take you a while to set it up, but I think its doable :unsure:

Upvote 0
You could probably use timeline for this, timeline can play random animations, and the animations could have a trigger track with "load preset" trigger.
It will take you a while to set it up, but I think its doable :unsure:

That seems considerably just to load for example, a random hairstyle. I'll have to experiment and investigate further and see what alternative, or something new, I can come up with.

Upvote 0
I've been looking for a plugin to do this as well, no luck besides JayJays and the same issue it eventually loads the same look over and over.. there are some scenes I want to make with this but so far no luck.

Upvote 0
I've been looking for a plugin to do this as well, no luck besides JayJays and the same issue it eventually loads the same look over and over.. there are some scenes I want to make with this but so far no luck.

The only method I've seen that does this reliably, and can be triggered like from a button, is MacGruber's randomchoice plugin. It is just a chore however to add entries manually, especially from a folder with dozens of presets. I may look into how to read from a folder but I really hate coding and would rather create scenes lol.

Upvote 0
Its weird because I code in many other games and programs, spent years coding in things like Unity, Secondlife or Skyrim, but the limited documentation and some of the community members being secretive about how they accomplish things to protect their trade just make me want to avoid learning much about it here.. I code to tweak certain things about plugins , release limitations, set them up in ways I don't have to later.. but I don't know if I'm ready for this one, I'll definitely give it a look though thank you, If I can make it happen I'll send it to you immediately ^_^ , as someone who cares about this feature.

Upvote 0
Its weird because I code in many other games and programs, spent years coding in things like Unity, Secondlife or Skyrim, but the limited documentation and some of the community members being secretive about how they accomplish things to protect their trade just make me want to avoid learning much about it here.. I code to tweak certain things about plugins , release limitations, set them up in ways I don't have to later.. but I don't know if I'm ready for this one, I'll definitely give it a look though thank you, If I can make it happen I'll send it to you immediately ^_^ , as someone who cares about this feature.

Thanks, and good luck if you do take that undertaking!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom