Question Is there a simple way to do texture/skin presets?

VAMIC

Reactions
I keep wondering if there's a simpler way to upgrade a character to some of the great new 8K skins coming out from @Riddler and others in one click rather than tediously going through each button in the textures menu. Similar question for clothing. Sometimes I see great textures on here, but I never use them because of the onerous process of trying to figure out what's what's normal, what's specular etc. Am I missing something simple?

What you're missing is presets.

If the textures are named correctly, you can load them all at once using the "mass import from directory" button on the skin textures tab. After doing that or loading the textures one by one, save a skin preset so you can load the configuration easily in future.

Set up a clothing item just the way you like it, then save it as a preset in the clothing customization window.

Or set up an entire outfit and save it as a clothing preset.

Upvote 0
What you're missing is presets.

If the textures are named correctly, you can load them all at once using the "mass import from directory" button on the skin textures tab. After doing that or loading the textures one by one, save a skin preset so you can load the configuration easily in future.

Set up a clothing item just the way you like it, then save it as a preset in the clothing customization window.

Or set up an entire outfit and save it as a clothing preset.
The clothing presets makes sense. I guess I'm mostly thinking of using clothing decals in a particular order which didn't seem appropriate to use clothing presets for because they would be the last item I'd add, but I guess I can work around that.

In the case of skins, I definitely didn't understand what mass import from directory meant so thank you for this tip! I'll try this and see how it goes.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom