Imported clothes problem.

Adderall

Reactions
Not sure how to describe what is happening so I included an image. Every seam/edge of the clothes I imported has an open slice that I can see through. I made sure to set the "smoothIterations" to 0 because without it set to 0 it was way worse. It is not that noticeable from far away but very annoying up close. I'm pretty new to look creation in VAM so any help would be appreciated.

Is this an issue with VAM or do I need to do something with the clothes in blender?

Boots.JPG

My guess here would be that these are disconnected mesh parts. Needs to be fixed in Blender if that's the case.
If in Blender edit mode you select one face near a seam and grab it with 'G' and the seam edge does not follow - it is disconnected.

I remember Blender had a 'vertex merge by distance' function that could be useful for this. But this can screw up the UVs too. So you may have to correct those or unwrap again. Take this 'vertex merge by distance'-hint with a grain of salt ... I am really not sure it's the best approach to fix this mesh.

I am not even sure what this object is. Am I looking at the sole of some boots?

My guess here would be that these are disconnected mesh parts. Needs to be fixed in Blender if that's the case.
If in Blender edit mode you select one face near a seam and grab it with 'G' and the seam edge does not follow - it is disconnected.

I remember Blender had a 'vertex merge by distance' function that could be useful for this. But this can screw up the UVs too. So you may have to correct those or unwrap again. Take this 'vertex merge by distance'-hint with a grain of salt ... I am really not sure it's the best approach to fix this mesh.

I am not even sure what this object is. Am I looking at the sole of some boots?

Yes it is the sole of a boot, and you were absolutely correct. I looked closer to the vertices around the clothes and I noticed some are not connected together, so merging them together should fix the problem. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom