Import My BDO characters or blender ladies.

virtamater

Reactions
Hi.. Is there a way to Grab the data from My BDO game to get into my toon/ armor into VAM? Even my modded Lydia in Skyrim would be fun to play with in here.. The same with Blender. I have about 50 girls in blender I'd like to see dance in VR. Ive never used DAZ.
I cant seem to find any tutorials for how to import Blender stuff in here and Im not sure if anyone's tried borrowing the BDO game files yet.
There was a retopo adult mod for BDO i used that worked, but when i tried to use that import/exported it seemed to segment a lot of stuff and was going to take a week to isolate the parts I needed. Since they got bought out by PA, that mod doesn't work and their game is glitchy now after the transfer, so Im never in game anymore. Any help would be appreciated!

20201027024959_1.jpg

There is no easy way to do this. VaM is using the DAZ3D Genesis 2 figure. You can't use other rigged figures instead! You could try to "simply" recreate the look In VaM and edit the face texture with Photoshop etc (wich is not that difficult if you know what you do. For instance with FantaMorph). Everything else is somewhat possible (VaM is great!), but only if you are a very experienced user. There is a tutorial on the "NoOC" discord channel on how to "import" external stuff to get a full body morph via DAZ3D, but like I said, this is very time consumpting and difficult with using several tools. No way to describe this here in short words.

Well.. Thanks! if there's a way to import items like clothes from blender? Im getting the hang oF the morphs in VAM, just was feeling a little lazy and wanted to have My BDO lady "exact" .. that dosent seem possible amyway. But the armor would be managable if I took sometime. and If i knew where the texture files for faces is in VaM, i could edit those in Krita and send them back to VaM. Thanks! Im going to look into that Discord channel.. Im gonna have to set up a discord tho.

Hi, the textures are at VaMfolder/custom/atom/person/texture/femalebase , recalling it from memory.
You can use 3rd party (Blender) meshes as clothes with using DAZ3D. There should be a tutorial around. There are some small issues to overcome (like the clothes have to be fit to the Genesis 2 figure or technical things like texture will not show up when loading not from within a daz folder but directly from the OBJ folder aso) but nothing as dificult as importing a 3rd party figure shape.

Well. it took a bit, but i finally figured out how to customize the skin textures to go under any decals and make up looks. Its not exact, but its getting closer :)

Attachments

• 1639776616.jpg
    1639776616.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201027060706_1.jpg
    20201027060706_1.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for all who helped. I finally got this pretty close thanks to qingfing141. Now that I can create the tattoo png decals. :) Im going to be uploading tattoo files soon. I made a bunch!

Attachments

• 1639809267.jpg
    1639809267.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1639815150.jpg
    1639815150.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1639940323.jpg
    1639940323.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1639940345.jpg
    1639940345.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I don't know much about this, but I also wanted to make a Suicide Girl within VaM. I tried Foto2Vam but it's a pain in the ass to get it to work. You need to understand a bit of coding. You need to use Python and download some software. But some software is newer and doesn't support software that Foto2Vam need. So, you need to do a bit of coding, but it's a pain in the ass so i quit.

Then I found software named FaceGen Artist. This software allow you to convert pictures to a Genesis 2 model. But I found the quality a bit méh and the demo is water marked.

Best solution I found is working with Daz. Daz has a helpful plugin named Face Transfer. I tried the free demo and it works great. Maybe you can make screenshots of your character and convert it to a Genesis 2 in Daz3D. And from there you can fine tune it and import it to VaM.

EDIT: Oh shit, I just see that Face Transfer is only compatible with Genesis 8 Male and Genesis 8 Female. I don't know if you can convert Genesis 8 to Genesis 2. I know that there is a guide somewhere to import a Genesis 8 to VaM.

The plugin cost 100 dollars, but there is a free demo which allow you to upload 5 pics for free.

Last edited:
Well.. Thanks! if there's a way to import items like clothes from blender? Im getting the hang oF the morphs in VAM, just was feeling a little lazy and wanted to have My BDO lady "exact" .. that dosent seem possible amyway. But the armor would be managable if I took sometime. and If i knew where the texture files for faces is in VaM, i could edit those in Krita and send them back to VaM. Thanks! Im going to look into that Discord channel.. Im gonna have to set up a discord tho.
You can try using Ninja Ripper to get 3D models of clothes and a character from BDO or other games (NinjaRipper only supports DX9). But of course you can't do that, it violates the license agreement (maybe);)

Back
Top Bottom