Help Importing or creating a T-Shirt

leviathan0999

Reactions
Patreon
leviathan0999
So, I've been trying for over a week, with my newbie-level skills, to recreate a particular shirt as a clothing item in VaM, and I've been utterly stymied. I'm a big Emma Watson stan, and I love her "Brown University" look, with the very short pixie cut and casual clothes. One of my favorites is a shirt she was wearing during an evacuation of her dorm at Brown, which I'm pretty sure was a gift from her classmates. The big picture is the real Emma in the real shirt. Now, I had to guess as to the caption below the "Union Jack" map, but, based on the fragments visible below her arm, and the general theme of the images, I think what I came up with is a pretty safe bet.

I've attached image files from attempts to edit existing shirt models, and a link to a .RAR archive of the model I managed to generate in Daz3D, but when I try to import it in the clothing creator, it gets rejected because there's no "/data/3D Universe/MessageShirtMagic/MSMTShirt/UV Sets/3D Universe/Base/default.dsf" file, which indeed there isn't, and I can't find the file that VaM seems to want so I can put it where VaM expects to find it.

Can anybody help a brudduh (Technically a pasty white boy pushing senility) out by either successfully importing the DUF or applying the emblem to a simple white woman's tee-shirt?

You'll definitely receive my gratitude, and if you want some PayPal, we can talk.

Thanks very much!

http://leviathanstudios.com/EmmaShirt.rar

4995188.jpg

Attachments

• Emma-British-Invasion-Shirt-2--print-sized-transfer.jpg
    Emma-British-Invasion-Shirt-2--print-sized-transfer.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0
  • stshirt_diffuce_Emma_Watson_Brown_University.jpg
    stshirt_diffuce_Emma_Watson_Brown_University.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 0
When in daz did you save as a obj then reimport ti daz then save as a duf

You can use this if you have AFVR Tight White Tshirt, put the image in custom/clothing/female/anythingfashionvr/afvr tight white tshirt and add it to the shirt

1661648743602.png
AFVR Tight White Tshirt.png

1661648755830.png

When in daz did you save as a obj then reimport ti daz then save as a duf

I had not, but when I tried that, it (A) came in with really funky sleeves that I'd have to learn to fix {which, hey, I'm willing to do!} but, more importantly, came in without the graphic. So I'll need to do more figuring on that one.

You can use this if you have AFVR Tight White Tshirt, put the image in custom/clothing/female/anythingfashionvr/afvr tight white tshirt and add it to the shirt

Thank you very much! I've been trying to do that, but I can't quite figure out how. If you could point me in the direction of a "for dummies" resource, it would be a huge help. I feel like the tutorials I'm hitting are assuming way more pre-knowledge than I have.

But, still, I greatly appreciate the help thus far! Really, I thank you very much.

Ah! I found it! Emma's now wearing her "British Invasion" shirt. (I'd like to try to make one out of Enigma's "Bloomer Top" once I find where it keeps its texture files...
1661719396.jpg

You can fix the balloon'ness in blender by shrinking it to the G2 default character but its a little work

You can apply an overlay image like this to any plain white cloth using a png with a transparent background. Add it to the cloth from the Textures tab as a decal. In Daz, this is comparable to using the Layered Image Editor. You can also save the LIE generated image in Daz as a png and snag it from the tmp folder.

Back
Top Bottom