Question idle hands(do the devils work) drift to targets - plugin feedback

thx1138

Reactions
I was thinking of trying to build a plugin(or if this already exists or suggestions, I'll take a look) to do some scripted/procedural code to give idle hands a bit of life. The idea would be that the plugin could define general body points/areas one or both hands might smoothly, slowly, naturally drift to, depending on the pose. I was thinking that animation would be more suited to a situation where everything is being handled by the animation, whereas I'd like to use cycleforces,etc for the scenes I'm currently working in and have the hands more dynamically react to changing target point positions depending on more random cycleforce/randomizer movement. So to phrase as a question, have others thought of doing this and existing or suggested approaches? Thanks

Possibly my IdlePoser goes kind of in that direction? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/life-idleposer.203/
Eventually that is supposed to get a micro-idle layer, but well....to many good ideas for all kinds of things...too little time.

Thanks for the feedback, yes, I was thinking about IdlePoser, but haven't given it a spin yet - I wasn't sure if it might be suited to something like thinking, setting up hand idle targets and getting into behavior states and constraints or if it was functioning mainly on animation blending from a given set of animations only. I'll try it out beforehand to see what works or where I might hit limitations. There are unity videos about procedural animation and asset store products I haven't had a chance to evaluate also. I'm also interested to see AI/machine learning type developed datasets that pull out animation/procedural drivers from video analysis and expect that to get better with more packaged datasets and solutions freely and privately available.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom