Question I want to increase how much an animation affects the model.

Colourless

Reactions
I am trying to figure out to increase Vam Timeline's "weight (global)" parameters to something around 1.5 to 2.0 instead of the capped 1.0. I want to make the animation more bouncy and expressive but I cannot figure out how to do this other than editing the weight options, which I cannot increase beyond the cap. Is there any way anyone can help me?

I.e: If the weight (global) is set at 1.0 and the animation is of someone jumping up and down, I would like to set it to 1.5 or 2.0 so that the animation is more "violent" or "expressive" or "boisterous". I want the animation triggers to have twice the strength on the model it's affecting.

Like how editing the torque value in thrust control you'd be able to make the distance between pulling out and penetrating larger, thus increasing how much the animation is animated. I have no clue how to do that with Vam Timeline, or if there's a workaround.

Upvote 0
Make sure you understand the role of the "weight" factors in Timeline, there are several of them for different purposes and it's easy to mix them up., See the Timeline Wiki.

If instead you are looking to change the bounciness of the person or parts of the person, not the animation, what you want is to check the Physics values for the intended node(s).

Upvote 0
Make sure you understand the role of the "weight" factors in Timeline, there are several of them for different purposes and it's easy to mix them up., See the Timeline Wiki.

If instead you are looking to change the bounciness of the person or parts of the person, not the animation, what you want is to check the Physics values for the intended node(s).
A quick and easy way I can explain what I mean is if I lower the weight (global) value in timeline, whatever animation that was instructed to be used on a the model is now halved. Meaning that the animation has less influence on actually moving the model itself. I want to reverse this and have it increase to something like 1.5 or 2.0 times the influence the animation has on the model. 1.0 is representative of the animation they created with timeline and is the animation they want to show or sell, but I would like to increase how effective that animation is on the model by increasing the base animation weight from 1.0 to 1.5 or 2.0

Upvote 0
Look in the physics tab of each animated node and increase the position hold and rotation hold values. Increasing these values will make the body parts follow their nodes allot better. I often change these values for animations that have a lot of node movement but little body movement to match.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom