I`m trying to learn VaM but after 2 weeks i can t do an animation. I already made animations with 3D Max so...i m not a novice. Do you think there is

alex888

Reactions
I`m trying to learn VaM but ....after 2 weeks i can t do an animation. I already made animations with 3D Max so...i m not a novice. Do you think there is a problem , a bug? It is compulsory to use a video headset? You need more than 20 videos to learn how to do an animation? My first impression is that Vam is not a game....is a professional
movie software...totally unfriendly. I`m asking if you guys, those who know how to make a " movie" ....how long tooked you to learn??? Please be honest!

I had vam installed for 2 weeks before my headset arrived. It was like night and day for creative tasks with and without the headset. So much easier to make looks "detecting what various morphs do" , hairstyles , scene setup and animating.
Are you using timeline to animate? If so it might be helpful to take some screenshots with timeline open selecting edit and target tabs and posting images in thread. If its not working I am guessing its a setup problem.

My experience is the opposite, I solely use my VR headset to play and not to do any creation work. My main focus is on making scenes with Timeline, and while mouse movement is difficult in a 3D environment, to me using a headset for that would be a far worse experience. I guess it's great that both ways can be used to make content and you can pick the one you prefer :)

I started with no experience, which in hindsight may have been a benefit as I wasn't set to a particular way of doing things.
If after 2 weeks you still can't make a animation, maybe you need to adjust your expectations or methods. Can you make a person atom wave its hand in a loop? That's a animation. It's not a great one but it's the base to do complex animations as you build up from there.
On what are you struggling the most?

My experience is the opposite, I solely use my VR headset to play and not to do any creation work. My main focus is on making scenes with Timeline, and while mouse movement is difficult in a 3D environment, to me using a headset for that would be a far worse experience. I guess it's great that both ways can be used to make content and you can pick the one you prefer :)

I started with no experience, which in hindsight may have been a benefit as I wasn't set to a particular way of doing things.
If after 2 weeks you still can't make a animation, maybe you need to adjust your expectations or methods. Can you make a person atom wave its hand in a loop? That's a animation. It's not a great one but it's the base to do complex animations as you build up from there.
On what are you struggling the most?
thx for the reply. I the matter of fact, i don`t even koow if i need to install something more?.... I don`t found anything for animations

You didn't find this?

You didn't find this?
Thank you again. I seen the videos but i don`t have timeline ...i tried to instal this plugins 4 times...unsuccessfully. It is possible to make an animation without Timeline? After all is supposed to be a game...not spaceship software.;)

I had vam installed for 2 weeks before my headset arrived. It was like night and day for creative tasks with and without the headset. So much easier to make looks "detecting what various morphs do" , hairstyles , scene setup and animating.
Are you using timeline to animate? If so it might be helpful to take some screenshots with timeline open selecting edit and target tabs and posting images in thread. If its not working I am guessing its a setup problem.
i humbly recognise that i didn`t knew that timeline is a plugins ....and since 2 days i try to open this plugin:p But i can`t. It is possible to make an nimation without any plugin? After all this is a game .... should be easy and frendly.

This is NOT a game, you can turn it into one with the needed effort. This s is more a 3D sandbox with amazing features.

Anyway, in which problems are you running by trying to use Timeline. 1000s use it with no issues…

I will give this a crack.
My basic workflow from image anim1.
1. Select person you want to animate. click icon between their feet. click the plugin tab , click add plugin button , click select file navigate to timeline and select the plugin.
2. open plugin click edit tab i give animation a name.
3. I set the length of time I want to animate and apply.

from example 2 image anim 2
1. click target tab , click green add target tab
2. from this drop down menu select control points you want to animate and click add. I selected L hand.
3. from this drop down menu you can add morphs that you have checked the favorite box in the morph menu. I picked an expression for fun.

example 3 from image anim 3
1. set your starting pose and morph level (here it is 0) advance time line here I clicked +.1s button twice then move L hand control to new position. Each dot along the timeline is a L hand control position. For the expression line the second dot is another 0 setting next is the higher setting on the slider bar in the right window.
2. When you are done click the play anim 1 or whatever you name the animation button.

Attachments

• anim 1.jpg
    anim 1.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 0
  • anim 2.jpg
    anim 2.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 0
  • anim 3.jpg
    anim 3.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Vam 2023.10.13 - 07.41.17.01.mp4
    12.4 MB