Question I have created a head in blender... now what?

alexftime1

Reactions
So I used keentools to created this head, what is my next step to make it usable in vam please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-29 145423.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-29 145423.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
VaM needs a DAZ G2 body to use it, unless you want that as a morph or CUA.

Thank you, but how to I get the head onto the G2 body? When i import the head into DAZ, it just sticks to the floor?
the reason I did the head blender was that facegen didn't sculpt the head shape well, thought I could get the head done in blender, then apply the facegen texture in DAZ.. am in thinking it in the completely wrong way?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-29 151124.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-29 151124.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Don't know, I'm very new to those tools.
If I had to do it I would have gone Facegen > Daz on G2 > Blender > Daz. Maybe the guides section can help you or ask in Discord, some people there know this stuff.

Upvote 0
Use it as a reference to dial a look in in daz, just trying to get the eye nose and mouth height and width in the right place (eyes and nostrils are the most important bit).
Then set the Genesis 2 Female you shaped to Base geometry and export as obj. I export at 1% scale.
Base Geometry.jpg

export obj.jpg

Import into Blender and put your sculpt over the top,
Then in sculpt mode shape the Genesis figure to match. Don't add or remove any Vertices, just grab and smooth the model so its flush with the surface of your head sculpt. be careful around the eyes and nostrils. Then export as obj

Back in Daz, open morph loader pro, it is in the edit -figure tab. Set the import scale to 10000%, (because you exported at 1%) and click "Choose Morph files..."
morph loader pro help.jpg

Click accept and your morph will show up in the perameters tab, under morph loader. Set it to 100% and save the morph as a support asset/morph asset, making a note of where it saves it.

Morph asset help.jpg

Then drop that .dsf file into you main Vam folder in Custom/atom/person/Morphs/Female, and it will show up in female morphs next time you start vam.

Good Luck

Upvote 0
Use it as a reference to dial a look in in daz, just trying to get the eye nose and mouth height and width in the right place (eyes and nostrils are the most important bit).
Then set the Genesis 2 Female you shaped to Base geometry and export as obj. I export at 1% scale.
View attachment 193028
View attachment 193026

Import into Blender and put your sculpt over the top,
Then in sculpt mode shape the Genesis figure to match. Don't add or remove any Vertices, just grab and smooth the model so its flush with the surface of your head sculpt. be careful around the eyes and nostrils. Then export as obj

Back in Daz, open morph loader pro, it is in the edit -figure tab. Set the import scale to 10000%, (because you exported at 1%) and click "Choose Morph files..."
View attachment 193027
Click accept and your morph will show up in the perameters tab, under morph loader. Set it to 100% and save the morph as a support asset/morph asset, making a note of where it saves it.

View attachment 193029
Then drop that .dsf file into you main Vam folder in Custom/atom/person/Morphs/Female, and it will show up in female morphs next time you start vam.

Good Luck
OMG, you are the best! thank you so much for the detailed answer :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom