Answered I want to import Blender clothes model into DAZ and then VAM, what do I need to do?

nokisaki

Banned User
Reactions
Twitter
chnzxun9
Patreon
Nokisaki
I want to import Blender clothes model into DAZ and then VAM, what do I need to do?
Blender [D__Download_浏览器下载_RyanReos_HighPriestess_Blender_HighPriestess_Blender_V1.blend] 2023...png

Everything...

*inhales deeply*

Adjust the Clothing to a T pose.
Export a Genesis2 Model from Daz as .obj
Import it to Blender and scale the clothing to fit
Sclupt the clothing to fit the Daz model closely
Export separate parts as obj eg. armour, gloves, boots, hat, cape
import into daz
convert the clothing from object to figure in the edit, object, rigging menu
Fit it to the genesis 2 model
unparent it
remove the genesis2 model
Save as scene subset
repeat the last 4 steps for each clothing item
open vam and add a default person atom
freeze physics, reset pose
open clothing creator in clothing tab
import your daz scene subset
go to materials tab and add your textures
save each item and take the screenshot
repeat for each clothing item.
you would need to click generate sim data for the cape. Set the slider to almost full black and click enable sim.
and the staff and backpiece would have to be a Custom Unity Asset not clothingggggggg...
:eek:

There's detailed free guides if you search through the hub > resources - free - guides

Upvote 0
Everything...

*inhales deeply*

import into daz
unparent it
Save as scene subset
you would need to click generate sim data for the cape. Set the slider to almost full black and click enable sim.
and the staff and backpiece would have to be a Custom Unity Asset not clothingggggggg...

There's detailed free guides if you search through the hub > resources - free - guides
Sorry and thank you! I looked up some posts from hub and probably didn't notice what you said about those posts. Thank you so much for taking the time to guide you, and thank you again!

Upvote 0
Everything...

*inhales deeply*

import into daz
unparent it
Save as scene subset

But what should you do if the textures are only in the blend file (And then, they are not in the same format, and in appearance they do not look as usual in VaM)? How to make a t-pose in Blender similar to DAZ? How to disconnect it from everything unnecessary if this is a model, for example? A lot of letters and nothing else.
In general, we are waiting for the video tutorial, because I myself am in this situation. I thought I would just make it for one day aexport it, but here it turns out that I have to study something that has been studied for YEARS. FUCK THIS.

Upvote 0
But what should you do if the textures are only in the blend file (And then, they are not in the same format, and in appearance they do not look as usual in VaM)? How to make a t-pose in Blender similar to DAZ? How to disconnect it from everything unnecessary if this is a model, for example? A lot of letters and nothing else.
In general, we are waiting for the video tutorial, because I myself am in this situation. I thought I would just make it for one day aexport it, but here it turns out that I have to study something that has been studied for YEARS. FUCK THIS.
For the model, I'd recommend duplicating everything to a new collection, delete what you don't want and then merge them by adding a boolean modifier to get one complete mesh. You would then need to add seems and uv unwrap the resulting mesh.

For the Textures the best way is to bake them. Google "Blender texture baking", there are loads of videos.

Basically to get the textures over, you add a material slot to the new mesh, and add new blank textures. You can then Bake the textures over from the original model to the new mesh in cycles. Selecting the original model first, then shift click the new model, and use "selected to active" in the Bake menu.
Start with the Diffuse for the colour and save it. Then the Normal map. If the original model uses a roughness setup, bake roughness and then invert the grey-scale in an image editor to get your specular map.

It's doable, but it's a bit of a learning curve. Just break it down into smaller operations. Good Luck

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom