I don't understand something. Save files broken.

Toonen1988

Reactions
I'm having a big issue with Virt a Mate right now. When i make a scene and save it, everything is fine. But when i go to bed and open the scene next day, everything is fucked (sorry for my swearing word).

For example, characters that dissapears and need to reload default pose, which i didn't had a day before (even loading the save file). Now i also have that all my animations are being played in slomo. A friend of mine also had some issue's with VaM. He made a scene with a female and male, came back a day later and the male dick was double in size and also kept on growing as the time passes. I also had once that music was being played in slomo mode, animations in slomo, characters that dissapear and only get back when you load the default pose.

We don't know how to fix it or how this stuff is being caused. I don't wanna make a scene from scratch all the time. Also clothing physics are sometimes completly broken. I found the best settings so clothing doesn't clip through the skin, save it and everything is fine. Come back the day later and it glitch again through the skin with the same settings i had yesterday. Only way to fix this, making the scene from scratch again.

Hi,
that is definitely not one of the usual issues. There seems to be something broken with your installation?
Please try to auto-repair the VaM core files with the VaM update tool. There is a menu with some repair options. It is a little bit hidden, so please search for it (not at my PC at the moment). Last thing to try would be a complete new install of VaM on an other drive, for instance.

Do you have other issues with your PC in other games? What are your specs? Are you using VR? Do you have programs running in the background, like browser with many open tabs or Photoshop?
Those slomo physics are strange. Please keep in mind, that VaM is extremely performance hungry and not well optimized in the current version. Stuttering slow scenes are quite normal, if they use lots of lights and stuff.

Broken clothes after edited them the day before, are quite normal, too. If you make some changes, those will stay only as long as you don't close VaM. It is neccessary to save those changes as presets or new clothes to make them permanent (mind to load that new clothes with the scene).

It is also quite normal, that you will have ugly glitches with some complicated custom scenes. There is a ton of things that can go wrong and scenes might easiely breake. If you make changes, this may lead to physics explosions aso. Of course you have to save changes, ideally with an other file name to make no mistakes.

How do you install .VAR files? You don't have to unpack them. It is easy to breake dependencies in VaM.

From only reading your errors description, it seems to me like there might be not only one, but some different errors coming together. But if you are sure that you allready know everything of what I have written, than it might be something way more serious. Maybe an other user has had similar issues before.
But until you may get better answers, try to hunt down the issues as good as you can. It is hard to solve errors that only happens "sometimes somewhere".

Good luck!

I've got VaM installed on a external SSD and never had any issue's or what so ever. I also re-install Windows after two to three months to keep everything fresh. That's why i have VaM on a external SSD. I also put all the .VAR files inside the map AddonPackages. I want to rearrange all the files and put them in sub-maps to make it more accessible.

I don't have anything in the background running except Discord and Spotify. Discord i use for talking with friends when working on stuff. I mainly use Desktop mode, i almost never use VR except in finished scene's.

My hardware
Ryzen 7 1800x
MSI GTX 1080 x+
16GB 3200mhz
Western Digital Black m.2 SSD
Resolution: 3840x2160

I don't have any issue's with other programs or games. I also reinstall Windows once a two to three months and afcoruse keep everything up to date, even Windows.

VaM was around 200GB big but i started to clean some things up, which i was never going to use anyway. Perfomance issue's i do understand, especially when using a lot of light resources and/or high resolution textures, even adding more then three characters decreases the FPS insanely. But the scene that is broken is just one character dancing, with just 2 light sources.

I also installed VaM on my internal M.2 SSD for testing purpose. Without success, i still have the same issue. I thought that my external SSD would be causing the slomotion in animations, but without success. Strange thing is, other people scene's works perfectly it's only my own saved scene's. Could it be that something went wrong when i save scene's? Maybe i should try someone else scene and overwrite it with a new save and see what happens the day after.

I also tried to auto-repair the core, no issue's found.

I can't hardly wait for update 2.0 and see how much the performance would increase. I could fix some issue's by myself. But the animations being played in slomotion is just annoying and can't get it to fix. I could speed up the animations, but then it looks so weird and glitching hard.

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Your are welcome. Glad to hear, that you were able to solve your issues by yourself. From your first posting I didn't understand that it is "only" some of your own scenes that were not working. If downloaded scenes are working well, then you are most likely have build in some errors right from the start. Maybe you want to link us the scene, so we can have a look. VaM unfortunately has a steep learning curve. Please make also sure, that your quality settings are not too high. Set the physic settings to "auto" and try to disable things like G-Sync in the settings of your GPU, because this can interfere with the VaM physics in theory.

I got the animations working now. Someone suggested me to put the Physics Rate lower, i had it on auto. Now i have it on 60hz with Physics Update cap on 2, and it fixed the issue. The other stuff i got fixed as well by working with presets like you suggested.

But it's just annoying that physics being messed up all the time. But anyway, the software isn't ready yet and still under development.

Hi, maybe take a look at your G-Sync settings like I mentioned above. 60Hz is the refresh rate of most lcd displays and if something like G-Sync is enabled, or a fps-cap (keeps fps under a certain value), this most likely will have an effect on the VaM physics. Refreshrate, FPS, physics all play together.

Back
Top Bottom