how to replace base G2F atom's geometry with my desired G2F morphed model in order to prevent clothing distortion when importing with clothing creator

FIRETRAP

Reactions
As someone who enjoys creating models with exaggerated morphs im sick of the lack of resources and guides available for distortionless clothing. I used to merge my model's morph data, transfer it to Daz3D with VAM2DAZ in order to adjust the clothing to better fit the exaggerated morph using tools such as Dforce and smoothing modifier, once im done i export the clothing as an OBJ and reimport it back to daz and save the clothing as a wearable preset.

However, I face a challenge when importing the modified clothing into VAM through the clothing creator, as it tends to distort the clothing ignoring all the effort done to minimize this in daz3d. This occurs because VAM adjusts the clothing to fit the standard gf2 geometry/morph rather than the customized morph i created. To solve this, I need to replace the standard GF2 base geometry in VAM with the geometry of my uniquely morphed character, i would greatly appreciate if someone could provide guidance or a tutorial on how to achieve this as this is a problem that has been affecting the community forever.

Attachments

• Screenshot (654).png
    Screenshot (654).png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • image_2024-04-24_060619840.png
    image_2024-04-24_060619840.png
    779 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As someone who enjoys creating models with exaggerated morphs im sick of the lack of resources and guides available for distortionless clothing. I used to merge my model's morph data, transfer it to Daz3D with VAM2DAZ in order to adjust the clothing to better fit the exaggerated morph using tools such as Dforce and smoothing modifier, once im done i export the clothing as an OBJ and reimport it back to daz and save the clothing as a wearable preset.

However, I face a challenge when importing the modified clothing into VAM through the clothing creator, as it tends to distort the clothing ignoring all the effort done to minimize this in daz3d. This occurs because VAM adjusts the clothing to fit the standard gf2 geometry/morph rather than the customized morph i created. To solve this, I need to replace the standard GF2 base geometry in VAM with the geometry of my uniquely morphed character, i would greatly appreciate if someone could provide guidance or a tutorial on how to achieve this as this is a problem that has been affecting the community forever.
@Stopper i wonder if there's any way you could develop a clothing smoother plugin to help resolve this similarly to the smoothing modifier tool in DAZ3D ive tried your rewrapper plugin and found it was quite buggy and complex i hope you could provide a fix for this

Back
Top Bottom