Clothing creator tool + "undress" (Physics): how does it work?

atani

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
atani12.gitlab.io
I started playing around with the Clothing creator tool and making sim textures for clothes that didn't have them. The sim effect is based on the amount of red in the texture map, and I've been having fun experimenting.

However, I'm struggling to understand how the "undress" checkbox affects sim clothes. Could someone let me know what it does?

The "undress" checkbox enables the sim texture. When unchecked, all parts of the clothing that are attached to the body are attached with an unbreakable bond. Which the box checked, they are attached with a strength corresponding to the R value of the rgb color in the sim map. Note that R=255, the clothes remain unremovable.

As to what parts of the clothing are attached to the person in the first place, I think that has to do with the proximity of the clothing to the person when imported. If a person vertex is near enough, the clothing wraps to it, while things like skirts or loose sleeves will hang free.

Ok, I'm starting to see it when fine tuning the sim texture. You're right, undress unchecked tries to keep the clothing where it was, and checked sets the bonding based on the Red value.
I have a multi layer material and that was complicating seeing this relation clearly, considering friction, gravity, etc.
Thanks, @DJ

Back
Top Bottom