SIM Clothing Set Position

pizzlepole

Reactions
Does anyone know how to set a starting position for SIM clothing? For example, if I had SIM enabled pants and upon scene load I wanted them to already be at knee level rather than have them render and then fall to that level, how would I do that? Or if I had an open coat that draped around bent forearms, is there a way to start the clothing in that position rather than have it fall there?

The reason I ask is because I’m trying to start a scene with a piece of clothing draped to the side and hanging freely, but when the scene loads it is in its default position in the middle and I have to manually use a Cloth Grab to move it where I want it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think so, but there'ts also other options to explore. You can try making a very quick animation that grabs the clothing with the CGS and stops at the spot you want the clothes to be.

I don't think so, but there'ts also other options to explore. You can try making a very quick animation that grabs the clothing with the CGS and stops at the spot you want the clothes to be.

This is the way, 4 keyframes is all that is needed. CGS off, move to start position, cgs on, move to end position. Takes seconds to setup.

Keep in mind that any subsequent clothing preset loading will revert the grabbed clothes to the original position, so plan ahead your scene animation.

You guys are the best. I have so much respect for your creativity and knowledge. Thanks for helping the rest of us out!

Back
Top Bottom