How To: Multiple Mat textures to Clothing Creator Import?

PiddlyD

Reactions

Was the closest discussion I could find, and I also found a helpful tutorial for understanding configuring clothing simulation correctly here:

I'm probably going to have to start over with any clothing I've imported from DAZ - but the one thing I can't figure out...

If I want to set up multiple DAZ clothing materials as VAM Presets, how do I do that? VAM won't see the data in .dsa or .png files, from my experiments.

Do I have to make a separate .duf for each DAZ material preset and then import it in with Clothes Creator for every material preset in DAZ?

Mostly I import the garment as the above video with the material preset you want as default. Save the item once imported as saving creates the local folder. Then in the textures tab use the open folder button and then just dump all the material pngs from the runtime/textures folder and then spend the time to make the presets in vam which can be a puzzle unto itself deciphering the creators file naming!

Mostly I import the garment as the above video with the material preset you want as default. Save the item once imported as saving creates the local folder. Then in the textures tab use the open folder button and then just dump all the material pngs from the runtime/textures folder and then spend the time to make the presets in vam which can be a puzzle unto itself deciphering the creators file naming!

Well, this sounds both encouraging and daunting at the same time. I'll have to look into it. I think I understand the instructions you've provided.

Basically, do the first import, then go into daz runtime/textures, find the pngs, dump them into the folder created by the import in VAM, then make a preset for each texture .png you've dragged over from DAZ - which means figuring out which .png files belong to which imported item.

I've made some pretty big mistakes importing, didn't realize the importance of "create nearby joints" in attaching things like lace, ribbons and other unique meshes to the main mesh when switching to sim mode - so... yeah... that is going to take some time to sort out.

Thanks for the help!

Basically, do the first import, then go into daz runtime/textures, find the pngs, dump them into the folder created by the import in VAM, then make a preset for each texture .png you've dragged over from DAZ - which means figuring out which .png files belong to which imported item.
Exactly that!

Ok. So, following up. Figured it out. Wow. What a nightmare. No wonder so many VAM content creators skip the textures! :)

For sure the longest part of the process, 99% of the time I'll import something with the material I want to use immediately wit all the good intentions of setting up the presets and just end up skipping that step.

For sure the longest part of the process, 99% of the time I'll import something with the material I want to use immediately wit all the good intentions of setting up the presets and just end up skipping that step.

Yup. I can see a lot of that in my future. Getting the template weight right to hang correctly in sim can also be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom