• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

DAZ Clothes import error

falbst

Reactions
Get this error during the import on some clothes not all.

Exception during DAZ import: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DAZMorph.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DAZMorphBank.AddMorphUsingSubBanks (.DAZMorph dm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MeshVR.DAZImport.ProcessMorph (System.String modurl, System.String sceneId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MeshVR.DAZImport+<ImportDufCo>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any advice would be appreciated.

Get this error during the import on some clothes not all.

Exception during DAZ import: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DAZMorph.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DAZMorphBank.AddMorphUsingSubBanks (.DAZMorph dm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MeshVR.DAZImport.ProcessMorph (System.String modurl, System.String sceneId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MeshVR.DAZImport+<ImportDufCo>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey mate,

To sort issues with this error instead of just saving the .duf as scene. Highlight the .duf and save as support asset, figure/prop. You will have to name it and keep all defaults selected on accept screen and you are good to go.

Had this problem for ages, but after much testing and frustration I found this method out this morning :)

Tried this with some DAZ clothes and it works perfectly thank you RPX69!

This also works with fixing any issues with warped clothing such as heels.

Last edited:
Hey mate,

To sort issues with this error instead of just saving the .duf as scene. Highlight the .duf and save as support asset, figure/prop. You will have to name it and keep all defaults selected on accept screen and you are good to go.

Had this problem for ages, but after much testing and frustration I found this method out this morning :)
Thanks mate it helped me too

I've always been doing the figure/prop method when importing Gen8 cloth. But still I get the error 1/5 times. I was wondering if anyone know another method or setting that can help out too? 🤔😕

I've always been doing the figure/prop method when importing Gen8 cloth. But still I get the error 1/5 times. I was wondering if anyone know another method or setting that can help out too? 🤔😕
I faced that too, I've realized it's because the source files were deleted or moved by me before importing to VAM. And I think Another way is Daz>Blender>Daz>Vam. But that's time consuming. I only do that if I want to customize or refine.

instead of just saving the .duf as scene. Highlight the .duf and save as support asset, figure/prop.?

I seem to be bit on the slowside here and a totally new user:
Highlight the .duf? where? in DS? on windows folder? select where?
save as support asset, figure/prop ? in DS? WHERE?

instead of just saving the .duf as scene. Highlight the .duf and save as support asset, figure/prop.?

I seem to be bit on the slowside here and a totally new user:
Highlight the .duf? where? in DS? on windows folder? select where?
save as support asset, figure/prop ? in DS? WHERE?

In Daz.
Instead of saving the clothing as a scene to save as a figure/prop (Save as > Support asset > Figure/prop).

save as a figure/prop (Save as > Support asset > Figure/prop).
Nope no luck remains broken..

I don't know what you're doing or not doing, so I can't really help you. If you're new to Daz you should see the Guides area, some are about this topic.

You probably need to open a scene in Daz, then select the clothing item, not the figure wearing the clothing. Then you do save as > support asset > figure/prop.

not the figure wearing the clothing. Then you do save as > support asset > figure/prop.
yes this is what i did,
still get the same error, most clothes work fine ( G 3,2,8) but of course the one that i would like.. wont.. i dod run the G8–> G3 converter , to fit the prop to dimensions og G2..

Solved this with 100% success, have your prop in DS, from here - export .obj (with all maps ect.) file->export wavefront obj
- clear scene and import the .obj
- save this scene and import the prop normally in vam

I'm having trouble with an item I tried to import using the methods above, including the last one from @farkku. The item is the Minotaur6 horns. No screenshots yet. The item is apparently like a smartprop, not a geograft. When I import it as either clothing or hair, it comes in all distorted. The mesh is broken. Any ideas?

Screenshots...

Attachments

• 1670014502.jpg
    1670014502.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670014531.jpg
    1670014531.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 0
hmm i had same problem with a simple shoe that the toe tip goes longer away from characters toes, distorts sort of ”melts” the tip of the shoe, some texture mapping , selecting correct ones ( what daz original mesh uses) help .. abit .. but no cigar..

Dont know if this will help, i followed partly an guide from discord (boots)
1. get in daz the base figure, bring boots, unparent them
2. delete daz figure, bring daz figure back, now the objects is just as wrong as when you bring them to vam, the boots and heels are below the foot in daz.
3. bend the boot and size etc. so the boot is bend but covers the foot nicely.
4. export the boots as object daz=1cm format.
5. clear scene, import obj back in daz= 1 cm, save this scene ,import to vam normally.
6. but but i noticed even the default figure still bends the boot, i looked in discord something about morphs dial to zero.
7. i added ATOM default person and imported the boots on that, no bending, heels are ok!
why so? i belive the default atom person is the closest to daz G2 all morphs counted, hence it is closest to what you see in daz = same in vam, now this should be tried on other daz items too.

followup : what person is the default MALE? anyone?

I fixed my issues by simply converting the cloth figure to a prop, and then save as usually (figure/Prop assets...), VAM import works with no error.

Step by step, in daz when cloth is aligned to base G2 figure:
1. Select the cloth in the scene view panel.
2. With cloth selected click the option drop down then ->Edit->Rigging->Convert Figure to Prop...
3. With the newly created cloth prop selected in scene view panel, click the fan File->Save As->Support Assets->Figure/Prop Assets...
4. Name file and save with default settings in the "Figure/prop Assets save options" window.
5. Import the new .duf file in VAM cloth importer.

Hope this help all of you as well :)

Back
Top Bottom