Answered How to reimport a .dsf morph back into Daz for Editing?

3rdStoryline

Reactions
Hey all,
So I have morph I really like. It's called Face Young, by Reloaded_Lite, I put in it in the negative to make my one character look older, and it works out great.

But it horribly deforms the inside of the mouth. Teeth get all messed up, and tongue gets all pointy and abnormal looking. I know how to fix it in Daz Studio, but I don't know how to make Daz Studio recognize the .dsf morph file. Does anyone have experience on how to make Daz Studio pay attention to the .dsf file? I looked at various forum posts on the main daz website, yet no one directly answers it.

Was wondering if anyone here knows the magic touch so I can edit one of the morphs to fix the teeth and tongue.

I considered exporting the character as an OBJ from Vam, but I think it exports them as a smoothed/subdivided OBJ, which as we know, we can't use with Morph Loader Pro unless it's base.

EDIT: Ya I'm out of ideas. Been spending the better part of that past 2 hrs messing around with things to see if I could trick daz into reading the file. But none worked. I even tried manually editing an existing .dsf morph in daz, that I thought i'd never use, and put the data from the .dsf file Morph I'm trying to edit into it. But daz completely ignored the change to the file. I guess this is beyond me :p I tried to make heads or tails of the contents of the .dsf file, and in all honesty I think it's referencing things specifically to VaM. I'm sort of wondering if VaM converts the .dsf files when they are added, to only reference things within VaM. Cuz the entire structure of the .dsf file is different then a normal .dsf file within DazStudio.

EDIT2: I'm starting to think my best bet is to just put two Persons side by side in VaM, and have one with the morph on, and one with it off, and try to create a new morph all-together within VaM. Was hoping to avoid that, as sometimes that takes even longer especially considering the sheer amount of morphs I have T_T.

Last edited:
nvm I found the original morph on shareCG, I realized two people had uploaded the same selection of morphs. When I started digging through the VMB and DSF files I realized one of them didn't cover their tracks, and the other stole credit.. xD Luckly they are free on sharecg tho!

Upvote 0
For future reference, I find this really useful. Just bake your morphs down with morph merger and drag the .vmb or .vmi onto the right square and they show up in daz automatically.

Upvote 0
For future reference, I find this really useful. Just bake your morphs down with morph merger and drag the .vmb or .vmi onto the right square and they show up in daz automatically.

Lol wow that could of saved me hrs. xD Thank you!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom