Answered How to play sound with Queue

Waslikethem

Reactions
I've added 5 models into the game and i want them to talk with turns, it means that i need queue for the sound i'm guessing...
But so far i tried 20 minutes without luck, maybe someone can drop me an advice??

I'm using Azura TTS voice in order to create females and male audio voices packs (for personal use atm).
I've added a scene where there is 5 people inside, i mange to add the voices line to the 'Scene Audio', than i'm using a simple button that will play 3 voice lines (with 'PlayNow') for 3 people for example, but it's funny, all of them speak together all the time, i can't stop lauging.....

but it's a problem i need to solve.

Upvote 0
While each audio source in a VaM scene does have a queue (e.g. each character) it doesn't really help you here.

I recommend to look at the various logic plugins available:
  1. LogicBricks: If you want characters to say random things, just not all at the same time. Try RandomChoice to select a character and have it trigger a RandomSound brick for each character. You could use EventAudioQueueEmpty on each character to detect when it finished speaking, so you can trigger a RandomDelay shared between all characters, which triggers the next line (by trigger to above RandomChoice).
  2. LogicBricks: If you have more like a "movie script" of what people say in which order you could look at SequenceMachine or StateMachine bricks. Each voice line would be a "State", potentially with additional states inbetween if you want some delays.
  3. VaMStory: There is also a dedicated plugin by hazmhox for telling stories. Haven't looked at it, so no clue how it works, but sounds potential useful here.

Upvote 0
While each audio source in a VaM scene does have a queue (e.g. each character) it doesn't really help you here.

I recommend to look at the various logic plugins available:
  1. LogicBricks: If you want characters to say random things, just not all at the same time. Try RandomChoice to select a character and have it trigger a RandomSound brick for each character. You could use EventAudioQueueEmpty on each character to detect when it finished speaking, so you can trigger a RandomDelay shared between all characters, which triggers the next line (by trigger to above RandomChoice).
  2. LogicBricks: If you have more like a "movie script" of what people say in which order you could look at SequenceMachine or StateMachine bricks. Each voice line would be a "State", potentially with additional states inbetween if you want some delays.
  3. VaMStory: There is also a dedicated plugin by hazmhox for telling stories. Haven't looked at it, so no clue how it works, but sounds potential useful here.

Thanks, I manage to make it work with 'SequenceMachine'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom