Question How to navigate the "Top Menu" in VR

TeamAir1337

Reactions
Hey!
So when i start VAM in VR mode sometimes i can get a bit away from the scene browser window and i have a really hard time seeing the scenes to select, am i supposed to be able to navigate around here somehow? Because using the thumbsticks does nothing.
I can go into the user preferences and select free motion but its not working, nor is teleporting. The only thing i am able to do is make the screen go further away.

It can be really hard reading the names of my scenes unless im pretty close, so being able to move around and navigate myself closer to the window would be really helpful

If I understand you correctly, this should be the answer.
https://hub.virtamate.com/wiki/user_preferences_vr1/
VR 1 TAB,”World UI Distance” Changes the distance that the “Startup Up Screen”, “Scene Browser” and “Template Browser” are displayed from the player inside the VR playspace.
Yeah i tried doing that but that only pushes the window further away from me, and it doesnt help me if i get too far away from the window

Edit: I got the Quest 3 now and in the beginning it was working good and the scene browser window was usually pretty much right infront of me, but suddenly it started showing up right behind me and there was nothing i could do to fix it, im using virtual desktop but i tried using steamvr instead, it was still right behind me but in steamvr i have the recenter position option and so when i use that it fixes the issue and the scene browser window is right infront of me again.
So that works but its still annoying that i have to use steamvr since id much rather use VD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom