Question Menu navigation becomes slower

MisterDryloc

Reactions
Hello everyone. I'm currently having a problem with VAM's responsiveness. The reaction time in the program becomes slower. But I don't mean the performance of the scene being played. It's more about the menu. An example: When I press the "All scenes Browser" button, it responds very slowly. Sometimes 4 to 5 seconds. The same thing happens with all other functions or options. If I want to create a scene, it takes a long time. Opening or closing the package manager is very annoying and takes time. I could only solve the problem if I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. But after a month of use the problem comes back. I download a lot from the hub. Scenes, assets dress and everything like that. Does the program scan my entire library at every single step and therefore become slower? Do you have any tips and experiences with this problem?
How do you manage your files or is that not the problem? Sorry for my english. I'm out of practice
By the way, I use an 11Gen i9 3,5Ghz 16cpu, GeForce RTX 4070

No tips if you're a hoarder like some people and grab 2TB of data on the hub... besides "clean up your install"... you will end up with a slow VAM.
I recommend having two installs, one for "storage" purposes and one for "playback" purposes.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer. Luckily I didn't collect 2 TB. I also try to delete a lot of things if possible. Most of the time I download scenes to learn from them. So how to deal with addons, for example. Try to learn from other creators how to use everything here sensibly. Still, the memory thing is a good argument. I'm at about 320 GB. I'm afraid that's too much too. I am grateful for ideas for memory management. The idea of two installations sounds interesting. Either way, I'll reinstall everything again. Try to be a little smarter this time. That's why I'm looking for tips in the community.
But again... thank you for your answer and time

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom