Question How to improve Heels 'hit' detection with floor?

BStarG2

Reactions
Hi.

So, when I equip Heels to an Atom (well, so far I've only tried on female characters, so using that as an example here) I then add the Heels Adjust plugin, and from there I adjust the positioning of the Foot node, and then usually finalize with the Toes of course, in order to have the best 'flat' (horizontal) ratio between the bottom of the Heels and the surface of the floor. So far so good, I do that, it works.

BUT...

During animations where the Atom walks around (say, let's just use a Catwalk animation for instance, straight line, just walking around and then going back to original starting spot) there's a little bit of a "bounce" effect on the entire Atom (not just the feet). It's not a big effect, but it's enough to notice that basically some part of the bottom of the Heels 'clip' through the floor and bounce up and down that way.

It doesn't seem to have an actual "block" at the surface level of the floor where _physically_ the Heels would just 'hit' the floor and never clip through.

I wanted to know if there's something I'm not doing right? Do I have to create something more in the Scene to improve that stuff? More plugins I need to use? Maybe a Scene plugin? Or perhaps a specific type of Heels only work that way (maybe Heels that can have Physics enabled on them from the Clothing tab?).

I'd appreciate some help on this, thanks.

There's an option in the plugin, heel and toe collider height. By adjusting this you should get a good surface collision. Or what do you mean?

Upvote 0
Well I do mean 'surface collision' basically, yes. So that answers the question! I'll give that a try for the heel and toe collider height.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom