Question How to copy Appearance presets to another computer?

capta134

Reactions
I created some appearance presets on one computer.

Then I copied the presets in the appearance folder to the appearance presets in the target computer. But when loaded they look different.

For example, I do not see the correct textures there.

What else needs to be copied to the target computer?

I created some appearance presets on one computer.

Then I copied the presets in the appearance folder to the appearance presets in the target computer. But when loaded they look different.

For example, I do not see the correct textures there.

What else needs to be copied to the target computer?
Everything that is applied to this appearance preset, like textures, hair, clothing, morphs etc...
The error log should give you a hint what's missing

Upvote 0
If you build them into a package and move that over, then the other computer's install of Vam will know what to download.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to save the whole appearance as a package without a crazy amount of dependencies ( so it simplifies and only pulls what is actually used in the look?) it seems like these files can end up being huge as they take everything ( instead of the exact pieces that are used) that is referenced.

Upvote 0
This is a common problem. IMO, it's mostly the morphs, hair and clothes. You have to go through them and swap out the assets from other packages or scenes for the original, or built-in ones. Hair and clothes especially, look for the one from the original creator, not the one referenced in another scene. There's no simple way to do this.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom