How to adjust screenshot dpi?

madura

Reactions
Is there a way to adjust the dpi value of screenshots(camera icon taken photo)?
I've tried MacGruber Essentials 16 supershot but it lacks of dpi adjustment option also....
If the native dpi can be like 300(press printing quality)?

The DPI values is irrelevant. What counts is the resolution of the image when it was taken. If you take that image and print it on a small size of paper, it would have larger DPI. If you print it poster-sized, it would have low DPI.

SuperShot can take images up to 8K. It's simply the limit of what the engine allows. For more someone would need to implement a tiling-renderer, which I doubt will ever happen for VaM 1.x.

The DPI values is irrelevant. What counts is the resolution of the image when it was taken. If you take that image and print it on a small size of paper, it would have larger DPI. If you print it poster-sized, it would have low DPI.

SuperShot can take images up to 8K. It's simply the limit of what the engine allows. For more someone would need to implement a tiling-renderer, which I doubt will ever happen for VaM 1.x.
Thanks MacGruber.
Doesn't it help to have higher dpi when it comes to wall poster printing for example? I usually adjust picture dpi to 300+ for most printing services to accept my digital draft, I can achieve that using photoshop or other software of course but fine details won't match up with native high dpi capture in VAM though.

To put it another way, pixel count or resolution is what you see on the screen. This has nothing to do with how something is printed. If you're going to print something poster size, you need as many pixels as you can get. 4K resolution is 3840x2160. That's about 8 Megapixels. If you can actually get a screenshot at 8K resolution, that would be about 32 MP. In the days of film photography, photographers said that digital would have to get to 20 MP to beat film. This was surpassed years ago...

dpi means "Dots per inch", right?
4K resolution means 3840x2160
If you print a 4K image at 300DPI, it will be 3840/300,2160/300, so the degradation will be minimal at 12.8x7.2 inches.
When considering printed matter, it is necessary to have a photo with a resolution commensurate with the print size, and the maximum VAM display is 8K.
If your display has a high resolution, I think it's best to use VAM to take a screenshot of the screen size you need.
The plugins below are useful, so why not give them a try? There may be others.

essentials's SuperShott

If your display has a high resolution, I think it's best to use VAM to take a screenshot of the screen size you need.
With SuperShot you can easily take a shot that has larger resolution that your monitor.

If 8K resolution is not enough, you have to realize that VaM is for realtime rendering in VR. Not for printing life-sized poster images at 300dpi. If you want that, you may want to consider to use Daz3D instead, which is actually intended for rendering still images. Of course Daz needs minutes or hours to render a single high quality image, while VaM needs to spit out 45-90 images per second to keep up with VR requirements. (VaM is actually using Daz models by the way, the Genesis 2 model, if I remember correctly)

Back
Top Bottom