Question How do you load a Morph preset without resetting all current morphs?

CitizenX

Reactions
So I made a morph preset to tweak a few things like height, hips and leg length, saved it, and then edited the file and changed setUnlistedParamsToDefault from "true" to "false". But when I load the preset onto an existing model it still resets every morph not in the preset file. What step am I missing?

Unfortunately this is not supported for morphs in way your are wanting. It is also not supported for hair and clothing. If you have no "morphs" root key in the save file, and setUnlistedParamsToDefault set to false, then it will leave morphs as is when loading that preset. If you have a "morphs" key in the save file, it resets all other morphs, regardless of how setUnlistedParamsToDefault is set. That was the intended function here, although it makes more sense in something like an appearance preset which has multiple root keys. Support for what you want could be added, but I think it would need an additional key, like "resetMorphs", to indicate what to do. The reason is there could be a case where you have an appearance preset you customized by setting setUnlistedParamsToDefault to false and removed another key, like "clothing", but still have the "morphs" key present. In most cases, people want the listed set of morphs there to be the complete set that is applied, and not treat as a merge.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification. I was thrown off by earlier patch notes, which I misread to think this was possible, and also by the fact that you can do a merge with Pose morphs. It's not a huge deal feature-wise, just something I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out because... well, that's what I do when I get fixated. :p Haven't delved into plugin programming yet, but maybe I'll use this as a test goal if and when I do.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this is not supported for morphs in way your are wanting. It is also not supported for hair and clothing.
It halfway works for hair, though: I make presets that only change colors or only change the look settings (curl, length etc). As long as the look is applied FIRST and the color AFTER they can be combined. The other way around the color gets reset to default. They are both in the id:Sim space, but Colors are in a subset of {}, maybe that's why it works... But yeah, that does not help with the morph question...
mixing-presets-01.png

Upvote 0
It halfway works for hair, though
Yeah I should have been more clear. The "hair" and "clothing" keys themselves are what I was referring to. You can't have a preset that merged hair or clothing currently worn with additional hair/clothing. If you have these keys present, it removes all existing hair and clothing items.

Upvote 0
@CitizenX I know its not the solution you are looking for, but you can use a plugin called morph merger https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/morph-merger.142/ to achieve your desired effect.

Set a default model, set the morphs to the desired setting, apply the plug in, check box which morphs you want to combine and then hit merge. That should turn those settings into a single morphs slider that you can apply to the model.
The other option would be to just favorite those few morphs for quick access.

Upvote 0
@CitizenX I know its not the solution you are looking for, but you can use a plugin called morph merger https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/morph-merger.142/ to achieve your desired effect.

Yeah, I’ve been using Morph Merger as an alternative, but ideally I’d like to maintain fine control over the individual morphs. At least now I know it’s not a native feature, and there a couple of other avenues to accomplish the desired effect.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom