Answered How do I add a clothes without character?

IceRain

Reactions
For example I'm trying to make a armory, so I'm trying to put some armor pieces on the scene. But the "Custom unity resource atom" doesn't allow me to choose a clothes for it.

You can't add cloths to a scene without a person atom unless you are willing to get creative and smell your CPU burn a little (for an armoury that is lol). You could use hide body plugin to hide the skin of the person so only the cloth shows up and just turn off the unnecessary physics and collision for said person and repeat for other clothing to be displayed but like I said this will create a very heavy scene.
Don't forget to turn off the mouth and eye textures with alpha slider.
Other than that you would have to find custom unity assets to download.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can't add cloths to a scene without a person atom unless you are willing to get creative and smell your CPU burn a little (for an armoury that is lol). You could use hide body plugin to hide the skin of the person so only the cloth shows up and just turn off the unnecessary physics and collision for said person and repeat for other clothing to be displayed but like I said this will create a very heavy scene.

Ah OK, that is a bit inconvinent lol. I thought it won't be too hard to bring something without physical calculation into the world.

Thanks for the reply :)

Upvote 0

Hi, I tried to search in the hub but didn't find any plugin related to "hide", could you specify the name of said plugin if you happen to know it please?

Upvote 0
If only. I was thinking of something similar the other day, I wanted to separate parts of the motoko robot so there would be parts lying around on tables and stuff but it wont happen without having many person atoms on.

Upvote 0
If only. I was thinking of something similar the other day, I wanted to separate parts of the motoko robot so there would be parts lying around on tables and stuff but it wont happen without having many person atoms on.

I found one, it seems the search is case sensitive so my first try doesn't found it.
"Hunting-Succubus.HideSkinByMask"

But yes it has to have some person atom on to have some cloth parts split around. I really hope one day someone can find a simpler way to load some none physical clothes.

Upvote 0
Hi there, IDK if it helps but you can always fit the clothing in daz, delete the G2 model, and export as an obj. The in blender export as fbx (if you want). You can then create a CUA in Unity. All the items of armor should import in the correct positional relation to each other. It sounds complicated but its really not once you know what settings you need. Hope this helps a bit.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom